SFC Evangelization Training Talk 1 - The Great commission
August 21, 2013
Talk 1: The Great Commission
You joined an evangelistic movement.
It is outward rather than inward looking.
Evangelization is reaching out to others.
And Jesus came and said to them,
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been
given to me. Go therefore and make disciples
of all nations, baptizing them in the name of
the Father and of the Son and of the Holy
Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything
that I have commanded you. And remember,
I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
- Matthew 28:18-20
The Great Commission
An estimated 3 million people participated in the final World
Youth Day Mass at Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro.
1. Jesus' final instruction before
2. Marching orders intended for
3. To take seriously our call and
mission to evangelize.
4. This work is not just for the
leaders, but for everyone.
5. It is to be a way of life.
1. Jesus commands us.
2. It draws us into a deeper union with Christ.
3. It is a thankful response to God's action in our
4. The world desperately needs the good news.
5. This full type of Christian life is filled with
excitement, challenge and joy.
6. There is involved an eternal choice for all men.
3 Essential Qualities of a Christian
• The work of evangelization depends primarily upon the
action of God. This is God's work.
2. Love of God
• It is our reason for being.
• We will be eager to see his will done on earth.
• The fruit of the Spirit almost irresistible attracts others.
3. Love for others.
• Jesus wants all men to be saved.
• We want all men to experience the same renewed
relationship with Christ that we are experiencing.
1. God himself has commissioned us to reach
out to others and draw them to the Lord.
2. We in CFC Singles for Christ who have
tasted the goodness of the Lord should
want others to experience such as well.
3. We grow in faith, love of God and love of
Love from Jesus, fill us!
Holy Spirit, guide us!
God the Father,
your will be done! AMEN