Learn and grow in the tech world - #DjangoGirlsMadrid 2018-11-17
My personal story when I started programming, and 6 lessons learned during those years:
1. Find your references
2. Learn online
3. Create personal projects
4. Participate in Hackathons!
5. Nobody knows anything
6. Programming is NOT only for geniuses
Why personal projects?
● Immersive experience and face directly real problems (no
● They give you an objective, #purpose.
● Share with the community and learn from their feedback.
Launch first Android
working with Angy.
Nobody knows anything
● Learn to re-learn.
● Don't be afraid to say "I don't know it".
● We are eternal apprentices.
Your best tool is to be curious and ask questions
NOT only for
○ "Programming is for extraordinary people",
○ "This is impossible".
● Learn as you need it, and don't feel overwhelmed when things
don't work out.
Programming is not only for geniuses
Programming is about practicing, being curious
and knowing how to handle frustration when
things do not work out.