I came at this assignment with the utmost simplicity in mind. I found that while I had succeeded at simple I wasn't really conveying as much info as I would like so I expanded a couple slides into more than one, made a few last minute tweaks, and tried to embed a youtube video (not sure how in keynote). I had originally believed this assignment had audio and for that reason my slides were pretty light. I have a list of talking points I'd like to list that if I were to put audio to this assignment I would probably end up using.
- Open with musical philosophy.
- Introduce myself.
- Where I was born.
- Traveling with my family of musicians.
- Playing music and my history.
- Playing music and my philosophies regarding the exchange of energy when a group of people makes music.
- What I play.
- Songs and songwriting.
- Learning my dads songs.
- Different musical phases.
- Joining my dads band.
- Playing in a band environment.
- Living and traveling with a band.
- What I have gained.
- Perspective on running sound and engineering live music for events.
- My first studio.
- Mistakes made.
- Lessons learned.
- Continued foray into recording world.
- Talk conceptually about recording.
- Discuss audio for video
- Talk about current video projects.
- Discuss current client.
- Discuss how FSU made this possible.
- Discuss what is possible in the future.
- Discuss the unexpected benefits of my fullsail education.
- Learning to sing.
- Learning to compose and orchestrate.
- Discuss the expected benefits.
- Some details of what I’ve learned technically.
- Make closing statements.
I’m also going to provide a link to a music video project I was a part of. I wanted to include this video right after the everybody wants to be king slide. Couldn’t figure out how. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDzFTPAq2t4&feature=youtu.be
(My part was all of the audio...)