St. Louis Orthodontist Dr. Debra Fink Presents: Types of Braces
St. Louis Orthodontist
Dr. Debra Fink Presents:
Types of Braces You May
Should You Choose Insignia Braces?
• Uses a digital system to create braces and wires that are
customized for the contours of your teeth and mouth and
move teeth in a highly efficient manner.
• Results in fewer office visits and a reduction in typical
treatment times as compared to traditional orthodontic
• Provides three dimensional representation of treatment
Should You Choose Tooth-Colored Braces?
• Brackets are less noticeable on your teeth because the brackets are
• To further reduce visibility, tooth-colored ligature wires and clear
elastics may be used.
• Treatment works in a similar manner to traditional braces.
Should You Choose Lingual Braces?
• Brackets are positioned on the back of the teeth and are thus
concealed and discreet.
• Popular treatment option for actors, athletes, models, and
• The Harmony system creates tailored brackets for the back of
a specific patient’s teeth that are designed to increase comfort
levels and decrease orthodontic treatment times.
Should You Choose Metal Braces?
• Lower cost and higher durability than other forms of
orthodontic treatments make it the most popular form of
• Uses metal brackets and wires to create precise, small and
continuous forces that are applied to the teeth and cause them
• Can be used on the widest array of orthodontic problems due
to its effectiveness and efficiency in moving teeth.
When Dr. Debra Fink opened her own practice, she became the first independent female
St. Louis orthodontist as reported in the Fall 1990 issue of the AAO Bulletin. Before Dr.
Fink became an orthodontist, she completed a master's degree in research biochemistry
and participated in a series of medical and scientific research projects while working for
organizations ranging from an industrial chemical conglomerate to a prestigious
Using this background, Dr. Fink continues to research and incorporate
pioneering treatments at her practice in order to provide the best and most effective
patient care. In addition, this expertise furnishes Dr. Fink with a wide range of options to
provide patients with their desired smiles in a comfortable manner while reducing their