This presentation will discuss the different project management approaches for design and/or development in a WordPress context, and will offer an overview of the different tools, free or not, which are available. There are no specific pre-requisites to attend, but you will get a lot more out of this if you currently manage more than one project at a time.
"I manage 100 projects in a spreadsheet", said no one ever
SAID NO ONE EVER
Managing Partner, S2B Solution
And Business Owner
Since 2017 2010 1994
… and on Twitter since 2008, at @jfarsen
• Addicted to Being Organized
• Trip Down Memory Lane
• It’s Always Easy at the Beginning
• Growing Pains
• But it was Free Before!
• And You Want That… When? 😂
• Do U Even Scale, Bro?
It’s like I live to try software 😲
Age of Innocence Teenage Years Why so serious Wise Slightly Smarter
Is it free? I’m so cool ! Can it be automated and scale?Is it feature-complete?
• Nintendo WII & huge controller… it lives!
• Pluto is no longer a planet :(
• Facebook becomes available to anyone
• Twitter is launched
• WordPress 2.0, now with WYSIWYG !
1 project… pfft, easy!
Build a multilingual WP site for a Talent Agency:
• Software used = Freedcamp
• Single owner = Single stakeholder
• No web knowledge = Minimal oversight
• Few requirements = Carte blanche
• Soft due date = No milestone tracking
100+ projects – Organize or Die
Hundreds of projects, various complexity levels, work
overload, … “we need help!”
• Software used = TeamWork + Integrations
• Too much for 1 person = Hire Project Coordinator
• Data Visualisation = Gantt, Kanban, Exports
• Productivity Imperatives = Templates + Automation
• Team + Subs + Clients = Workload Management
• Business-Level View= Project Portfolio Mgmt
Project Management Sofware Comparison
And most important of all…
Keep organized to retain your mental sanity 😉