With this Awesome Toolkit Vol 1, I intend to provide you with all the basic (and some more advanced) WP management tools AND techniques that will ensure your site is secured, backed-up, and performs at its best.
Web Integrator of the Galaxy
“- I have a plan.
- What percentage?
- I dunno... Twelve percent?
“ I HAVE A PLAN “
“ OH, I’M SORRY. I DON’T KNOW
HOW THIS BACKUP WORKS…”
➤ Deﬁne your backup strategy
• What’s included (ie. full vs diﬀerential)
• Where are they stored (hint: oﬀsite is the only valid answer)
• What frequency (based on business risk)
• Restore process
• Plugins : UpdraftPlus, BackupBuddy, BackWPUp, etc
• Services : VaultPress, CodeGuard, etc
• NOT : “my hosting provider”, “FTP once in a while”
➤ Deﬁne your updates strategy
• What do you update (core, plugin, themes)
• How do you update (dashboard, FTP, remotely service)
• Do you have a validation process (changelogs, staging)
• How often does this need to happen
• Services : MainWP, InﬁniteWP, ManageWP, etc
• NOT : “when I go in my site”
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
➤ Website maintenance is a process, be organized
➤ Keep a log of what you did, when and why
➤ Best practices are available, no need to reinvent the wheel
➤ Everyone needs to do the basics, for the rest there’s …
Mastercard, yes… but also experts and services :)
NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP ?