• Choose 1-3 core KPIs that tie back to core business
• No more than a dozen sub-KPIs.
• This is where most community health and
engagement metrics will fall.
ACTIONABLE V. VANITY METRICS
MISTAKE - #4
Obsessing over improving a metric
at the expense of building solid habits
• Total support volume by channel (i.e. phone,
• Cost by call, ticket and chat.
• Number of questions asked v. answered in the
• You have enough info to measure either a
deﬂection ratio or cost deﬂection
BUILD A CUSTOMER
• First contact resolution
• Resolution Rate
• Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT)
• Net Promoter Score (NPS)
• Only 25 employees
• Almost 100% of their support is community-driven
• 1M+ replies in their community
• Average speed of answer: 3 minutes
• CSAT - ~85%
“80% OF BRANDSTHINKTHEY DELIVER
EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.
ONLY 8% OF CUSTOMERS AGREE.”
• Get a baseline for where you are currently at.
• Spend a minimum of 2 weeks engaging in active
listening and sentiment analysis.
• Identify and reach out to the top 20 contributors
in your community