Learn the three approaches to upgrading from Angular 1.x to Angular 2.0. In this presentation I discuss the benefits of TypeScript and go hands-on migrating an Angular 1 app to Angular 2 using ngUpgrade.
Angle Forward with
MIGRATING NG1 TO NG2
Jeremy Likness (@JeremyLikness)
In the Next 20 Minutes …
• Three Approaches to Upgrading and/or Migrating
• Hands-on Example
• It’s what the Angular 2 team is using: http://typescriptlang.org/
• Makes the module question easy to answer (AMD, CommonJs,
• Targets ES5, ES6/ES2015, etc.
• Types, Interfaces, Classes, Modules, Function Definitions, Generics,
Declarations and Decorators
• Type Libraries /Visual Studio Code
Three Approaches to Upgrading/Migrating
1. Big Bang – all at once (upgrade case study: http://bit.ly/ngupgcase)
2. ngForward – tomorrow’s format, today
3. ngUpgrade – piecemeal or side-by-side
* Note: lose $scope and $watch. Controller As if you please.
Prepare Bootstrap Upgrade Downgrade Migrate