1. What is a MOOC? Don’t know the answer to this question? Have you ever participated in a MOOC? Thanks toGordon Lockhart – a MOOCparticipant – for this image
2. Why do it? Obvious question? Well maybe not. ‘What are the principles of MOOCs?
3. Do you have the resources?What do you need?What have you got?
4. Do you have the technology? This might be the tricky one! No point in starting until this is sorted out.
5. What structure?Lots of support ormore of a laissez- faire approach? What will you go for?
6. What kind of a MOOC? They come in all shapes and sizes. Take your pick.
7. What content? This might depend on where you are coming from?How much content will be provided? How much content will be created?
8. Will there be….Another tricky one? What about the associated assessment? What if 1000 people or more want to be assessed?
9. Who will plan it with you? Bit of a daunting taskto do on your own? Doyou have a network to call on?
10. Do you have the nerve? A bit like jumping into the abyss, launching out into the unknown? Will anyone turn up? Will it work? What are the risks? This Mooc Guide by Inge de Waard might help to answer some of these questions - http://moocguide.wikispaces.com/0.+Home+Intro+to+MOOC