II. WHY ABUSE HAPPENS
II. Self Pleasure/Ignorance
III. WHERE/HOW IT OCCURS
I. By over-breeding
II. Animal Testing
IV. AFFECTS OF ANIMAL
ABUSE ON SOCIETY
According to MSPCA,
animal abuse is defined
as infliction of
physical pain, suffering,
or death upon an animal
when not necessary
for purposes of training of discipline.
• Animals are used for entertainment worldwide. This
includes, Zoos, Circuses, Racing, etc.
• Most entertainment with the use of animals usually brings in
• Animals are usually trained in the process with brutal beatings, and
when not used for entertainment are confined into small cages.
• Many times, Ignorance
of a human towards an
animal is the main
reason why abuse
• Humans will abuse
defenseless animals to
“Ignorance breeds cruelty” – Unknown
WHERE does animal abuse
HOW does happen animal
• Animal abuse occurs when
animals are allowed to
• Breeding can get out of control if
animals are not properly taken
care of by being neutered or
• There are not enough families to
take in new litters each
time, eventually animals become
neglected, abandoned, or killed
due to over-production.
HOW? Animal Testing
• Animals are used to test cosmetics, household cleaners, and etc.
hundreds of thousands of animals are poisoned, blinded, and killed
every year by cruel corporations. (ASPCA)
• Animals are used daily for research that is supposed to help humans
medically however, there are few similarities biologically between
humans and animals
• Many of these animals are kept in poor condition prior and after
testing which ultimately leads to death.
• Millions of animals are neglected daily that the exact
number is so hard to find due to the fact that many
abuse cases go unheard of.
• According to the Humane Society of the United
States, Animal neglect is the failure to provide basic care
required for an animal to thrive.
Ties to Society
• Research shows strong correlation between
animal abuse, child abuse, and domestic
• 75% of violent offenders have early records of
• Animal abuse is a warning sign for a bigger
• Ex. Columbine.
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. “Fight
Cruelty”. 2013. Web. 11 July 2013.
Animal Cruelty. Google Images. 2013. Web. 11 July 2013.