5201 S. Delaware St, #307
Englewood, CO 80110
“A dynamic and skilled professional with 7+ years' experience in project
coordination, marketing, writing and editing promotional materials, and
providing general office support.”
Jennifer Despain ~ (303) 929-0401 2
Qualifications & Education
Jennifer Despain ~ (303) 929-0401 3
• Advanced Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge
• Website Content Creation and Updating
• Marketing Materials Design and Handling
• Adobe (Acrobat & CS5) Knowledge
• Project Coordination and Tracking
• Scheduling, Planning, & Budgeting
• Document Control & Filing
• General Office Support Guru
University of Colorado at Denver - Denver, Colorado
Graduation: May 2011
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Jennifer Despain ~ (303) 929-0401 4
Sales Operations Project Coordinator/Administrative 6/2011 – 10/2011
Randstad Staffing (The Berry Company) – Englewood, CO
• Headed up implementation of new project management program (AtTask) – providing
integration training, support, and project tracking assistance.
•Created multiple Power Point presentations, tracking reports, and training materials.
•Provided administrative support to two VP-level managers – scheduling meetings, arranging
travel, processing expenses, and proofreading materials.
Project Manager Assistant 1/2010 – 6/2011
POWER Constructors, Inc. – Lakewood, CO
• Supported project manager for seven projects with Qwest whose contracts totaled $1 million.
Designed the document control process and created Excel spreadsheets to keep track of progress
and generate reports.
•Supported project manager in marketing and business development for AT&T projects.
•Assisted departments with project support, formatting and proofreading; maintained office
supply inventory, processed and received shipments and daily mail, answered and directed
incoming phone calls, researched leads and compiled submittals, and provided miscellaneous
support as needed.
Jennifer Despain ~ (303) 929-0401 5
Assistant to VP of Sales/Executive Assistant 7/2009 - 9/2009
Sunrise Oilfield Supply Company - Wichita, Kansas
• Developed marketing materials for events, services, and trade show use.
• Managed and attended all aspects of trade shows.
• Wrote copy and co-designed company website.
• Collected and analyzed daily sales call reports from six salesmen to track areas needing
improvement and customer activity.
• Created various sales and comparison reports for the sales staff and executive officers.
• Coordinated events, travel and accommodations for all regional meetings and personnel.
Administrative Associate 1/2008 - 2/2009
The Coleman Company, Wichita, Kansas
• Provided operational & marketing support to National Operations Manager, corporate office
staff and 17 national retail stores.
• Troubleshot point-of-sale software issues, negotiated service contracts, and maintained
• Processed and tracked payments, supply orders, and equipment needs.
• Traveled to and assisted with large sales events.
Jennifer Despain ~ (303) 929-0401 6
Content Editor 5/2007 - 9/2007
Service Magic, Denver, Colorado
• Reviewed, edited, and created compelling marketing materials for online and print publications.
Sales & Marketing Manager 2/2006 - 3/2007
Westcliffe Publishers, Englewood, Colorado
• Developed and carried out marketing strategies for new titles; including publicity, advertising,
and author events.
• Performed Internet research to prospect new dealers and customers.
• Attended trade shows to maintain existing and develop new relationships.
• Maintained supply levels, shipped special orders, and performed inventory.
Jennifer Despain ~ (303) 929-0401 13
November 4, 2011
“Jenn thrives transforming general ideas into something useful and practical. I found the
assignment of more complex responsibilities accelerated her professional growth and added
even more value as my project assistant at Power Engineers.
As an example, Jenn created a customized project management tool that allowed me to
closely monitor and track the projects being done by my 30+ subconsultants. She
incorporated adequate redundancy so any errors could easily be identified and quickly
corrected. In addition, her setup and organization of the hundreds of projects accommodated
quick and easy access, and retrieval of information at a moments notice.
Jenn would be a valuable asset for any project team.”
Ken Perry, P.L.S., Area Lead & Project Manager, POWER Engineers, Inc.
managed Jennifer at POWER Constructors, Inc
Jennifer Despain ~ (303) 929-0401 14
May 27, 2011
“Jennifer is a very skilled and focused professional who is very adept project assistant with
great computer skills and the ability to understand easily an engineers request (no simple
task) and create the desired output. I had the great pleasure of working with her on a few
projects assisting me creating documents and her work was both proficient and good quality.
She has a great demeanor and professionalism that will make her a great team member and
contributor to those who will value what she brings to the team.”
Tom R. Janca, Senior Utility Communication Engineer-ENG III, POWER Engineers
managed Jennifer indirectly at POWER Engineers
Jennifer Despain ~ (303) 929-0401 15
May 30, 2011
To Whom It May Concern,
My name is Greg Counts and I am the current Group Manager, Global Logistics and Transportation for the Gates
Corporation. I have held this position for eleven years, but I have been in the Distribution, Logistics and
Transportation field for over thirty-nine years. I am also an instructor at the University of Colorado, Denver
Campus. I teach Marketing 4580, International Transportation. This letter of recommendation is for one of my past
students, Jennifer Despain.
Jennifer was an extremely bright and focused young woman. She took my class during the Spring Semester of 2011
and received an “A”. She was an excellent student while exhibiting a tremendous amount of integrity and
perseverance during our class discussions and debates. She was well respected by her fellow students, but
especially by her class group. She was very thorough and illustrated the ability to work with others to complete an
Completing all class requirements, within a group environment is difficult, but through her perseverance and aided
by her communication skills within the group, they were very successful. Jennifer has the type of personality, and
the fortitude, that I would want on my team. Jennifer Despain will be an outstanding asset to your company!!!
Greg Counts Group Manager, Global Logistics and Transportation Gates Corporation Instructor University of
Colorado, Denver Campus” May 31, 2011
Greg Counts, Group Manager, Gates Corporation,
taught Jennifer at University of Colorado at Denver
5201 S. Delaware St, #307
Englewood, CO 80110
Jennifer Despain ~ (303) 929-0401 16