composing a tweet
brevity and clarity-you need BOTH
timing is key
Google/Snopes “facts” before posting
Watch. Your. Language.
• @-links to someone’s profile/mention. Like
• Avatar-profile picture
• Direct Message/DM-private tweets, but be
• Favorite-indicate you like something,
acknowledge receipt of it.
• #FF- “Follow Friday”
• #-hashtag. Used to mark words/keywords. NO
• MT-Modified Tweet. Like a retweet, but use if
you change the tweet in any way.
• Promoted Tweets-twitter’s version of ads. We
will get to this!
• Reply-responding to someone’s tweet
• Noun and verb!
• Check the source before retweeting
• Timeline-your personal collection of tweets,
composed of everyone you follow.
• Timestamp-time indicating when a tweet was
• Trend/trending-what’s popular on twitter right
now. Can set locally, regionally, nationally.
• URL-Uniform Resource Locator
Let’s tweet together!
• Open twitter and log in