User-Generated Content is King
• 78% of millennials would rather see real photos over professional photos created by a brand.1
• Word-of-mouth inspired marketing produces 37% greater customer retention and twice the
amount of sales compared to paid advertising.3
Actual customer experiences produce authentic engaging content for your brand.
STRENGTHENING THE STORY YOU
TELL, BY NOT TELLING IT.
The Power of UGC
Objective: Drive potential on-site traffic and platform engagement from your fans by sharing
authentic in-the-moment content.
Strategy: Capitalize on the positive conversations and experiences already taking place on
your property through sharing their authentic in-the-moment content as your own.
Potential Outcome: Increased engagement from your online audience, as well as potential
in-store traffic and sales.
92% of consumers trust their peers more than any other source.2
Why Use Influencer Marketing?
Influencer marketing is the fastest growing and most cost-effective channel.2
Objective: Create or increase awareness and positive sentiment for your overall property, or key
Strategy: Partner with influential social media users in your target demographic to promote
products, experiences or news.
Potential Outcome: Creates invaluable user-generated content (UGC) to utilize on your property’s
respective social media channels designed to amplify the message you need or want to promote.
The Perfect Partner
(2K – 5K followers each)
(10K - 100K followers each)
(200K – 1M + followers each)
• Influencers with an average of
4-5% engagement per post
• Proven impact within niche
community in local market
• Influencers with an average of 6-
8% engagement per post
• Proven impact within regional
• Influencers with an average of 10+%
engagement per post
• Proven impact on a national level
Why Use Instagram Influencers?
An influencer marketing campaign designed for Instagram is the
most effective way to drive awareness and sales within the
coveted Millennial demographic
• U.S. Millennials touch their smart phones 45 times per day8
• 73% of Instagram users are between 15 and 35 years old7
• 54% of Instagram users utilize Instagram posts to discover
new trends and brands4
Average Engagement Rate per Instagram Post: 4.3%4
• Average Engagement Rate per Tweet: .0007% - .07%5
• Average Engagement Rate per Facebook post: .5% - 1%6
Identifying the platform with the largest potential impact is critical to any influencer
Recommended Campaign Process
The Wrath of the FTC #Sponsored by UGC Content9
• When reposting UGC, always give credit to the original account and for extra protection, ask the
content source for posting permission.
• Influencer marketing partnerships work just like any other partnership; document in writing
expectations and agreed upon rights to content and where it may be used.
• Many influencers see themselves as a brand; require signed photo releases outlining that the
influencer’s face, name and accounts may be used or tagged in all forms of advertising.
• Always require clear sponsorship disclosure from an influencer. 10
Over 300,000 posts on Instagram in July 2016 included hashtags like #ad,
#sponsored, #spon, #sp or #adover21 compared to 120,000 in July 2015.10
Shops at Park Lane F21 Red Grand Opening Preview Event
Objective: Drive awareness and traffic to F21 RED ensure a successful grand opening
Strategy: Utilize local social media influencers in the target demographic to share
content about their shopping experience.
Outcome: Most successful sales day of 2015 (including Black Friday), and over
675,000 social media impressions.
HARLEM IRVING COMPANY
Harlem Irving Plaza 60th Anniversary (Pre- And During Event Promotion)
Objective: Drive awareness and event attendance of at least 500 people.
Strategy: Utilize local social media influencers to share details about the event prior to and
during the actual event.
Outcome: Over 800 enthusiastic event attendees and 28,500 social media impressions.
JoAnn Dealey, Partner
Jen Augustyn, Partner
Michelle Davis, Director of Marketing
Elisabeth Zuerker, Account Supervisor
Confidential and Proprietary
This presentation is the property of The Dealey Group and Northwood Retail, LLC. The examples contained within the presentation are the
property of The Dealey Group, Northwood Retail, Harlem Irving Companies, Rappaport Co., and Vestar. This presentation shall not be
reproduced or redistributed without express written consent of all entities listed above. All ideas, concepts and pricing information within this
presentation are the sole property of the entities listed above.