The Global Business Environment
Find out about it …
• What is it?
• When was it set up?
• Why was it formed?
• What are its
• Make a note of all
Now you are in possession of the facts …
• Has it been successful?
• How does it compare
to other regional
• What are academics
• What is your analysis
The 18th SAARC Summit
• Scheduled for the first quarter of 2014
• To be held in Katmandhu, Nepal
• PM Manmohan Singh has pressing matters to
deal with at home and feels ambivalent about
attnding the SAARC Summit
• He is seeking advice from some expert
international business consultants based in
Prepare a presentation for the PM
• Dr Manmohan Singh seeks diversity of opinion
and he has requested three very different
consultancy firms be contacted to tender for
• His aides have been careful, therefore, to
approach consultants with contrasting
perspectives on international political
• The three companies are …
• The Structuralists & Partners
• The Liberalists Limited
• The Realists Inc.
From the viewpoint typically put
forward by your consultancy …
• Prepare an engaging and informative
PowerPoint presentation for the PM and his
advisors (no more than 20 slides)
• Outline the background to SAARC and how it
• Provide a critique of its performance to date
• Make recommendations as to how India
should engage with SAARC moving forward.