INTRODUCTION • The fashion & Branding Industry is a
product of the modern age.
• Custom Made prior to the mid-19th
• Mass Production and the rise of
brands – 20th Century.
• International and highly Globalized Industry.
• Fashion industry accounts for a significant share of world
• The fashion industry has long been one of the largest employers in
the United States, and it has also shifted to China in the 21st
The Fashion Industry consists
of four levels:
• The production of Raw
Materials (Principally fibres
textiles but also leather and
• The production of fashion
goods by designers,
• Retail sales
• various forms of advertising
• Sunglasses made from flat panes of smoky quartz, which
offered no corrective powers but did protect the eyes from
glare were used in China in the 12th century or possibly
• Modern developments
• In the early 1900s, the use of sunglasses started to become
more widespread, especially among stars of movies
• Visual clarity and comfort
Standards for sunglasses
•Sunglasses in sports
•Sunglasses in space
• Rolex is the largest
single luxury watch
watches per day,
revenues of around
• The first waterproof wristwatch "Oyster",
• The first wristwatch with an
automatically changing date on the dial
• The first wristwatch case waterproof to
100 m (330 ft) (Rolex Oyster Perpetual
• The first wristwatch to show two time
zones at once (Rolex GMT Master)
• The first wristwatch with an
automatically changing day and date on
the dial (Rolex Day-Date)
• The first watchmaker to
earn chronometer certification for a
• Vibrant, bred in Italy and a firm favorite with men around the world,
Diesel’s clothing is aimed at the young adult market, particularly its
jeans, but the brand can now be found on everything from underwear to
• Diesel’s innovative approaches to fashion and art includes endorsing
young creativity by sponsoring the Diesel-U-Music Contest and the
Sundance Film Festival as well as being the first clothing company to
market their clothing in video games
• Recently celebrating 20 years of design, the original brand was founded
by Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, and is more formal and
‘timeless’ than it’s younger, more flamboyant little brother D&G – a
slightly more casual line that follows an urban inspiration and attempts
to set trends rather than follow them.
• The design house describes itself as “new luxury, authentic and
unconventional – a style that expresses new forms of elegance,
presenting itself as a modern classicism” and is known for its geometric
and dark approach to fashion
• Tommy Hilfiger Corporation is
an American company which
is incorporated in Hong Kong.
• A Tommy Hilfiger shop
• In 1989, a Hong Kong businessman
Silas Chou acquired Tommy Hilfiger
Corporation via Sportswear
Holdings Limited, along with his
partner Lawrence Stroll.
• Chou served as Chairman and then
Co-Chairman from 1989 to 2002.
• In 1992, The Corporation listed in
New York Stock Exchange.
• Later Chou sold the company, and
in 2006 de-listed and privatization
to the British Apax Partners.
• Phillips-Van Heusen bought the
company in 2010.
• Fabrics, designer wear, denim,
cosmetics & toiletries,
engineering files & tools,
prophylactics and air charter
• Lacoste is a French apparel
company founded in 1933 that
sells high-end clothing, footwear,
perfume, leather goods, watches,
eyewear, and most famously
• In recent years, Lacoste has
introduced a home line of
sheeting and towels.
• Founded by Mario Prada in 1913.
• Miuccia Prada- Head designer.
• Leather goods and imported English steamer trunks and
• Miu Miu in 1992.
• Council of Fashion Designers of America award for accessories in
• Prada began producing mobile phones with LG Electronics in 1997
LG Prada (KE850), LG Prada II (KF900) and LG Prada 3.0
• Founded by Gianni Versace in 1978.
• CEO- Santo Versace.
• Atelier Versace, Versace Couture, Versace Sports, Versace
Home Collection, Versace Jeans Couture, Versace Collection
• Palazzo Versace
• Versace advertising
• campaign in 2005.
• Founder Giorgio Armani
• Armani Collezioni, Armani Jeans, Armani Exchange, Armani Junior,
Armani/Casa, Armani Cosmetics, Armani Hotels and Resorts.
• Cristiano Ronaldo and Megan Fox.
• Creating fashion shoes under the label EA7 with Reebok.
• Founded by Christian Dior in 1946.
• The Dior flagship boutique in the upscale Ginza shopping district
of Tokyo. First opened in 2004.
• Christian Dior Parfums (Est. 1947)
Christian Dior Cosmetics (Est. 1969)
Dior Homme (Est.1970)
• Bernard Arnault- CEO
•The industry for fashion in India had
witnessed a boom over the last few years, with
a growing list of top Indian fashion designers
showcasing their work on the International
•From the traditional sarees, to
the exquisite collection of fabrics, the Indian
fashion industry has embraced its inner beauty,
and displayed to the world the immense talent
of Indian designers.
• Ritu Kumar (born November 11, 1944) is
an Indian fashion designer, based in Delhi.
• Ritu is globally recognized for her styles
that reflect ancient Indian traditions, and
the use of locally produced fabrics.
• She is a brand in herself.
• She has also designed the wardrobes of Miss India winners, all of whom went on
to win the crown at their respective international pageants.
• With the successful launch of a new brand, titled LABEL, in 2002, Ritu now
caters for the everyday wear of Indian women.
•At the age of just 25, Malhotra made
a firm entry into the Bollywood film
industry, by styling actress Juhi
Chawla in Swarg.
•As a costume designer, Manish has
dressed some of the most beautiful
women Bollywood has ever been
• Some of them include Karishma and
Kareena Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai, Rani
Mukherjee, Preity Zinta, the
evergreen Madhuri Dixit, Raveena
Tandon, and many more.
• He was also asked to design clothes
for Michael Jackson when he
visited India for a Bollywood show.
•First Indian to present a collection
in the world’s style capital at Paris.
•Ritu Beri studied fashion arts at
the NIFT, New Delhi.
• Beri’s talents have bought her
clients like Former US President
Mr. Bill Clinton, Hollywood
celebrities, famous Parisian
Socialite, the Swarovski family,
other similar VIPs.
•She is the author of the personal
fashion book, 101 Ways to Look
•Given the honor of being
referred to as “India’s master of
fabric and fantasy” by TIME
magazine in 1996.
•He is one among the country’s
finest style gurus.
•With a keen eye that sources
materials from villages and local
craftsmen, Rohit has mastered
the art of converting local Indian
textures into beautiful fabrics
•Graduation in History from St.
Stephen’s College in Delhi.
•Bal has designed for the game
show Kaun Banega Crorepati.
•She began designing clothes
when over 20 years ago,
before the inception of even
•45-year-old Anita now runs a
corporate fashion house that
consists of five labels with
over 120 outlets across the
• There isn’t a better person in
India to learn the business
aspects of style from.