• 42% of US consumers are multitasking online while watchingTV
• Over 1MM members checking intoTV shows via GetGlue
• IntoNow fromYahoo can identify a show within seconds and deliver unique content
OLD NAVY + SHAZAM
Old Navy partnered with Shazam to let users tag Old Navy-branded pop music
featured in theTV campaign and unlock and shop the looks featured in those spots.
•Vital role in raising awareness and driving engagement
• 44% of Fortune 500 companies have used crowdsourcing with 95% ﬁnding it
• Can have negative impact as conversation is not controlled.
IKEA + FACEBOOK
For the opening of the new IKEA Malmö store, Ikea created a Facebook campaign.The
mission was to create something engaging that would have the potential of spreading
by itself beyond the borders of the Malmö region.They allowed users to tag items in
photos with their names for the opportunity to win that particular item.
• 40 MM+ have checked in using geo-location services
• Biggest barrier to entry is consumer concerns regarding privacy
• Most important motivation for consumers is the social component of location
• Marketers must create rewards and reinforcements that yield richer social
connections with their customers
NIKE + FACEBOOK PLACES
Teaming up with Koi Fusion, a popular food truck, Nike tweeted clues to followers in
search of the Koi Fusion truck, once found, users had to check in with Facebook Places
and then order a secret menu item…The Destroyer Burrito. Get there in time, with
the right info and they scored a special Destroyer jacket.
• NFC is built into mobile devices so no application downloads
• Can support actions like sharing ﬁles and media between devices, advertising,
ticketless transactions and more
• Predictions for over 35 million supported handsets by 2012 and around 868 million
NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATION
NOVA FM +TAPIT
Nova FM, an Australian radio station, launched an
outdoor campaign, in partnership with the near
ﬁeld communication companyTapit, which enables
consumers with NFC capable phones to simply
tap their phones against the outdoor billboards to
immediately start listening to Nova.