Some key facts
• Approximately 210 to 215 million native speakers and 240 million total
• major language of the Southern Hemisphere;
• It is also the second most spoken language in South and Latin America,
• official language of the European Union and Mercosul;
• According Statec survey in July 2013, 82 363 Portuguese citizens live in
Luxembourg, (16.1% of the population), 107 000 citizens according CLAE
(2012 unofficial numbers);
• Portuguese is one of the most spoken languages in Luxembourg.
Reduced number of Lawyers admitted
simultaneously in Luxembourg and Portugal;
None of the big and middle sized law firms as
a Portuguese Desk or dedicated department;
Limited know how of the Portuguese legal
system and legal formal technical language;
Competitors understanding PT mainly work in
Litigation not in “Droit des Affairs”.
Interesting Real Estate investment
opportunities owned by Banks and Developers;
Portugal as market player in IT;
Portuguese SME s exporting on a global basis;
Golden Visa Permit for Non-EU Investors;
Non-Habitual Tax Regime for EU citizens
wishing to live in Portugal.
New idea to be implemented;
Fear of taking the challenge and risk to
explore this market niche;
Negative image due to Portuguese Debt
Some Portuguese speaking countries are still
seen as exotic and unconventional (Brazil and
Angola) under Luxembourg patterns;
Limited Market Research
Word of mouth
We have faith
because of our
Our Idea is to
Offer tailor made legal, corporate and tax
efficient solutions to individuals, corporations
and law firms.
Target Portuguese speaking countries and
expat communities (including Luxembourg)
Promote Luxembourg as a gateway to
investment in the Lusophone and Latin World
Market niche clearly identified
We believe in it.
Given the right experts and the
right resources, we will make it.