● Editing same project, even same file
● Automatic merging
● One problem with it...
Scenario: Two people edit same part, same file
- Not fun, but way better than a shared folder
Now you might see why this could be a problem...
All git repositories start on branch “master.”
● Takes a picture of the current branch
● Changes in branch do not modify others
● If things go well, merge into good branch
● Otherwise, nuke the branch!
● Development branch in commercial software
● New module in existing project
● Venturing into unknown territory
● Any time you think to yourself “I might make
a really, really stupid change that breaks the