Cascio Opp Green

488 views

Published on

Published in: News & Politics, Technology
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
488
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
25
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Cascio Opp Green

  1. 1. Green Tomorrows Your Planet,Your Future,Your Choice Jamais Cascio OpenTheFuture.com
  2. 2. The Risk...
  3. 3. ...and the Potential
  4. 4. Power Green Centralized and Proactionary
  5. 5. Functional Green Centralized and Precautionary
  6. 6. 2008 Aptera 230 mpg diesel-electric hybrid. $29,000. Seriously.
  7. 7. 1% Average Annual Efficiency Improvement Stabilization at 450ppm requires 17 TW carbon-free power (40-50 TW total demand) 2% Average Annual Efficiency Improvement Stabilization at 450ppm requires 4 TW carbon-free power (18 TW total demand) 3% Average Annual Efficiency Improvement Stabilization at 450ppm by default. Slow remediation possible with 4-6 TW carbon-free power (7 TW total demand)
  8. 8. We Green Distributed and Precautionary
  9. 9. The Participation Culture Community Filtering Collaboration Systems Technologies of Cooperation Wiki Blog Grassroots Economics End-to-End Distributed Work Micropayments Talent Commons Open Source Creative Commons Social Networks Open Access Mash-Up Engaged Networking Free/Libre So"ware Heterarchies Peer-to-Peer Microfinance Smart Mobs Geotagging
  10. 10. micro-offsets
  11. 11. HyperGreen Distributed and Proactionary
  12. 12. ...the big picture...
  13. 13. Jamais Cascio cascio@openthefuture.com ...with enough minds, all tomorrows are visible...

×