• London is the capital city of the UK.
• It’s smaller than New York, but it’s bigger than many
European cities.There are lots of famous sights to see,
for example, the London Eye, the Tower of London, Big
Ben and Buckingham Palace.
Oxford Street and
• Oxford Street and Regent Street are famous
shopping streets. Regent Street is shorter than
Oxford Street, but they both have lots of great
• The Queen lives in Buckingham Palace with the Prince
Philip and her dogs. Tourists can visit the palace in the
London is famous
• London is famous for lots of other things:the red
telephone boxes and postboxes,and, of course, the
black taxis, the Tube and the red double-decker
buses. The Tube is faster than the bus, but you can
see more places from the bus. You can also go on boat
trips on the River Thames. They’re good fun. And don’t
forget to try some fish and chips after a day of
• Big Ben is one hundred and six metres tall. Big Ben is
shorter than the London Eye, but it’s taller than
Trafalgar Square and
• Trafalgar Square and Leicester Square are two
famous squares in London. Trafalgar Square is very big
and the National Gallery is there. Leicester Square is
smaller than Trafagar Square, but it’s got lots of
cinemas and restaurants.
• The London Eye is fantastic! You can see all London.