Round 4: World of Islam
• 6 Questions
• +10 Direct / +5 Pass
• ‘X’ wasborn in Meccain Nov 11, 1888 to a
family of Muslim scholars.
Education Minister of India
and hisbirthday iscelebrated asthe‘National
Education Day’ in India.
• Several educational institutionsacrossIndia
(including in Kolkata) arenamed in hishonour!
• With 202.9 million
people, ‘X’ isoneof the
largest Muslim populated
country in theworld.
• ‘X’ consistsof
approximately 17, 508
• Thenameof thisIslamic month literally means: “Empty
• Scholarsbelieve, thiscould bebecause, even in thedays
of Jahiliyya, the3 preceding months(Dhul-Hijjah, Dhul-
Qadah and Muharram) wasbelieved to besacred and
fighting wasbanned. So, after 3 monthsof waiting,
peoplewould comeout to settleold scores!
• They would defeat their enemiesand takeall their
belongingsaway, leaving them “Empty”.
• ‘X’ wasbuilt by acommunity of Muslimsfrom the
region of Kutch. Abdur Rahim Osman, theleader of the
group funded theconstruction, which cost around Rs. 15
• Thecommunity belonged to shipping industry. Hence,
‘X’ wasnamed thus, which literally means“Captain of a
• Every year all of us, look forward to an announcement
madefrom ‘X’ at acertain timeof theyear!
• ‘X’sgrandparentswerefrom Surat in Gujrat.
However, they emigrated to another country.
• ‘X’ isranked thebest batsman in ODI format in 2012
by ICC. Also, ‘X’ isthefirst player from hiscountry
to scoreaTest triplecentury.
• Even though an alcohol company sponsorshis
national team jersey, herefusesto wear them, since
alcohol isharam in Islam!
•Metro servicelaunched primarily
for what specific purpose?
•TheEnglish word for thispopular food
item comesfrom Italian wordsfor “Little
Worms” becauseof itsshape.
•It comesin several varieties. Traditionally
according to culture, it iseaten (more)
during acertain timeof theyear!