IQC 2013 - Junior Finals - Round 2 - Basics of Islam
Round 2: The Fundamentals
• 6 Questions
• +10 Direct / +5 Pass
• Someof themiraclesgifted to ‘X’ by Allah
• Hewasextremely wise.
• Hecould control thewind.
• Hecould communicatewith theanimalsin their
• Identify ‘X’, whosefather wasalso aProphet!
•Which angel hasbeen entrusted
with thetask of blowing thehorn,
thussignaling theend of theworld
and again, when wewill be
resurrected for theDay of the
• Theliteral meaning of thisact of Ibadah is“To
stay in aparticular place” inArabic.
• Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used to perform it
during acertain month of theyear, till hisdeath.
• It isNOT only for men alone, and women can
also do thesameat home.
• ‘X’ isthe9th
day of Dhul-Hijjah and isavery
significant day in Islam.
• Thename, ‘X’ comesfrom thelocation from where
Prophet Muhammad delivered hisfinal sermon. It is
aday of asking for forgivenessfromAllah, as
according to ahadith from Sahih Muslim, Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh) said: “Thereisno day on which
Allah freesmorepeoplefrom Hell than theDay of
Pic Next Slide …
• Someof thesuggestionsgiven to solvetheproblem
were: Light afire, Ring abell, Blow atrumpet. But,
• Umar Farook (ra) wasgiven theideain hisdream by
Allah. Later, it wasshown again to another Sahaba,
ZaidAnsari (ra), who told it to Prophet Muhammad
• Heliked theideaand adopted it. What?
• Oncewhen alamp went off at night, Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh) said thisduawhich literally
means: “Webelong toAllah, and to him shall we
• Ayesha(ra) asked him, “O Messenger of Allah. Is
thisalso acalamity?” Hereplied: “Yes. Whatever
hurtsor causesdifficulty to aMuslim isacalamity
and on bearing it patiently, carriesAllah’sreward.”
• What’sthecommon dua?