3.Industry involved child Labour
Child Labour = Employment of children at
regular and sustained labour
By UNICEF: A child involved in a labour activity if
between 5-11 years of age.
• By India’s Census Office(2001):
Participation of child less than 17 years of age
in any economic productive activity with or
without componsation ,wages or profit.
four year old children work in production factory
notorious for employing young children in
factory and mines and as chimney sweeps.
Ex. Charles Dickens-12 yr
3. England and Scotland(1788):
2/3 of workers in 143 water power cotton mill
• UNICEF: (2011)
150 million child in age of 5-14 yr.
16 % are involved in child labour.
90% involved in domestic labour are girls.
sub saharan africa =1 in 4 ,aged 5-17.
Asia Pacific= 1 in 8
Latin America = 1 in 10
India in 2013-2014
• 2nd highest where 1st is africa
• 17 million as child labour presently
• 19% - domestic help
• 85% of working children - unorganised sector
• 2 million – sex worker age of 5-15yr
3.3 million – age of 15 – 18yr
• 1 in 8 Indian child in world.