My Learning in M.Tech ET
NIIT University Neemrana
J.k.Saini, Yadavindra Public School, Patiala
WHAT LEARNING ENGINEERING MEANS TO ME..
I HAVE LEARNED COGNITIVE THEMES DRIVEN
APPROACH TO TEACHING
1. Learning is constructive and not a receptive, process.
2. Mental frameworks organize memory and guide thought
3. Extended practice is needed to develop cognitive skills
4. Development of self awareness and self re-regulation is critical
to cognitive growth.
5. Motivation and beliefs are integral to cognition.
6. Social interaction is fundamental to cognitive development.
7. Knowledge, strategies and expertise are contextual
LEARNT TO CREATE MY VALUE STREAMS –
PROCESS CENTRIC APPROACH
• Value for students
• Value for associated staff
• Value for the organisation
• Value for self
Value for the students
• They take more interest in Accountancy and commerce.
• Students understanding of basic concepts is better and
• Slow learners are able to cope in regular class.
• Extended connectivity with the teacher by the students.
• Subject grades are expected to improve.
• Develop 21st Century Skills namely- Collaboration skills,
Communication skills, Information processing etc.
setting up and
Submitted by Suraj Class XI AC
• Problem of setting up and running a business unit
Submitted by Parun Jain
Value for the associate staff
Teachers Competence and progression are expected to
• Workshops on how learning material, Educational
Technology , Instructional delivery and learning outcome
are closely linked in the digital age.
• Tangible lesson planning on subject specific workshops
Value for the organisation
• Better appreciation and confidence of parents and
students in the school
• Improved academic results
• Improved system dynamics
• A step towards building a model 21 st Century
Value for self
Improvement in classroom practices: There is tangible change in my instructional
strategy in teaching of commerce and Accountancy ( the core subject which I teach
to classes XI and XII)
Able to create a learning profile of students.
Improvement if Self-Efficacy: I feel more confident and able to take up variety of
job requirements including teaching of Commerce and Accounts.
Share best practices with colleagues and teachers across different schools.
Brain Compatible Lesson Design using different format for differentiated
Improvement in students’ feedback on the work assigned.
Extended connectivity with the learners.
Using ET as Informational Delivery System
To achieve all this, ET has enabled me to improve my instructional
Build Brain compatible lesson plans using ET
Make teaching learning an interplay and an interactive activity
Bring inclusive learning projects and infinite learning experiences
WHAT TECHNOLOGY CAN I CHOSE ..?
I created my own website
I created an online class
I use YouTube links
I use slide share
I publish my work online
I write digital diary
I have published my online newspaper as a compilation on selected topics
I contribute to learning blogs
I use many other tools like Voki, screenr.com, info graphics etc
And the options are many…..
Why A WEBSITE... Learning is constructive
and not a receptive, process
Extend my work to all learners.
Resource for reflection and reconstruction
Extended practice is needed to develop cognitive skills
Why edmodo.com ? - An Extended class
To make teaching and learning more flexible and
Deliver Differentiated Instructions for differentiated
Greater parental engagement.
On Edmodo, I have created a group for each class
that I teach..
Why Youtube.com ?
It has been proved that Youtube is being search as second
highest option for information exploration and knowledge
Social interaction is fundamental to cognitive development.
Knowledge, strategies and expertise are contextual
Using online platform to share power point, word
Sharing learning experiences
Digital Diary Writing
Contributing articles on Learning Engineering Blog
of articles at
Learning through Reading of books• Created a variety of learning experience
• My flow of information active
• Reading the following books has provided me greater insight into learning
requirements in the 21 st Century
By Lynne Schrum’s
MY SPECIAL THANKS TO THE MENTORS, GUIDES
AND VERY HUMBLE TEACHERS
Prof. Vijay Mandke
Dr. Shradha Kanwar
NIIT University Neemrana