Gather all your findings and data in an Excel sheet.
• Use avg monthly search volume as barometer
• Be realistic, be relevant, be specific
• Don’t discount low search volume keywords
• Pick keywords for every “transactional” page on your
Listen and talk to your customers, ask them to describe
It is the first interaction a user has with your website in the
An opportunity to elevator pitch and encourage them to click-
• Target keyword in the title tag
• Title tag limit: 70 characters
• Meta description limit: 155 characters
• Include unique selling propositions
• Have strong call-to-actions
• Communicate intent
Make sure that every page on your website is the best landing
page on the planet.
Demonstrate strong E-A-T
• Unique write up of product / service
• Detailed description of what to expect
• Include testimonials or reviews
• Good quality images and videos
• Answer most commonly asked questions
DO NOT deliberately increase content length
Real businesses and websites take customer service and users
seriously. Do NOT ignore these pages:
• About Us
• Contact Us
• Terms & Conditions
• Refund Policy
• Trust & Security Signals
• Include any awards or association badges
Conduct a technical audit of your website to ensure Google
can crawl, index and rank pages.
Google Search Console (GSC) helps you understand how your
website is performing – data, hints & tools
• HTTPS is a ranking signal for Google
• Improved security
• Users need to feel safe
• Not having it will be labelled as “NOT SECURE”
• Discuss with your web developer to implement
Links/mentions from one site to another are a vote of
confidence and trust. It’s like an endorsement.
Links also pass PageRank or “authority” to the destination
page/website. Pages with more links are said to be more
3 links from other websites
5 links from other websites
= more authority
External mentions and reviews of the business and website
needs to be positive.
Mentions and links from high authority website such as
Wikipedia and News outlets carry a lot of weight.
Look after your users and your employees, they will look after
If you provide a good service and generally an all-round good
business, positive reviews will start happening.
Give your users and subscribers a gentle nudge every now and
then to leave a review.
Overdose Digital // Digital Commerce Agency