Demonstration Steps – Visio 2010 SharePoint Workflow
SharePoint 2010 and Visio 2010 to make a powerful combination that allow business users to create fully functional workflows - with no code! This presentation will take you through a common business problem, an envisioned solution, design and build of a fully functional visual workflow that requires no programming skills. The ultimate solution will consist of these components:
• Business users model workflows in Visio
• Visio diagrams imported SharePoint Designer
• Forms to capture user information InfoPath
• SharePoint Designer Rules Applied
• Workflow Published to SharePoint 2010
• Form is taken through Workflow
• Digital Signatures are captured
• No Code
SharePoint 2010 Form Library
1. Create Form Library (site actions -> More Options ->Form Library)
InfoPath 2010 Designer
1. Show Excel Spreadsheet first
2. Show InfoPath form
3. Web services we use to determine reporting structure
4. Show preview of form, required fields and reporting structure
5. Publish form with full trust. Why? So we can run code and call web services. (File->Form Options)
6. Give it unique name!
7. Make sure to publish to new Form Library! – Data Connections Main Submit
8. Upload form and activate form.
9. To upload the form template to the server
a. 1.Open the SharePoint 2010 Central Administration site.
b. 2.Under General Application Settings, click the Manage form templates link.
c. 3.Click the Upload form template link near the top of the page.
d. 4.Click the Browse button to open a dialog box, and enter the path of the published form template.
e. 5.Click the Verify button to verify that the form template has no errors. This step is optional.
f. 6.Click the Upload button to upload the form template to the site. After uploading is finished, click the OK button.
10. Attach to the form library as a new content type.
11. Show Site Columns and discuss why publishing them
Visio 2010 Workflow
1. Create workflow (New Flowchart->Microsoft SharePoint Workflow)
2. Shapes you will need:
b. End Terminator
c. Send email to Submitter
d. Compare Document Field (Request more than $10k?)
1. Send email to Supervisor
2. Wait for Supervisor Review (wait field change)
3. Did Supervisor Approve? (compare document field)
i. Set Workflow Status Approved
ii. Send email to Submitter
i. Set Workflow Status Rejected
ii. Send email to Submitter
1. Send email to Submitter
2. Set Workflow Status as Too Much
3. Stop workflow
3. Connect all with the connector tool
4. Add decisions to each branch that needs them.
5. Validate your workflow (Process->Check workflow)
6. At the end you will have this:
7. Export workflow
SharePoint 2010 Designer
1. Open the site where our form is
2. Click Workflows -> Import from Visio
3. Import workflow
4. Name the workflow
5. Email submitter (User who created current item)
a. Subject: “Request Recei