Technique of 'disguise' and its effect in Shakespearean comedy and Anti-Sentimental comedy
T E C H N I Q U E O F “ D I S G U I S E ” A N D
ITS EFFECT IN SHAKESPEAREAN
COMEDY & ANTI SENTIMENTAL
Name: Vaishali H Jasoliya
Roll no.: 29
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted to: Department of English, M. K.
• Sentimental comedy reaction against
the comedy of manners.
• It appeals especially to our feelings
of sorrow and pity.
ANTI SENTIMENTAL COMEDY
• Anti sentimental comedy is
reaction against sentimental
• Generally the anti sentimental
comedy deals with end it’s always
focus on major character as lover.
FEATURES OF ANTI
1. Comedy of manners
3. ‘The Rival’ as an anti sentimental
4. ‘She Stoops to Conquer’ as an anti
1. Love and Marriage
2. Poke fun of the lower class
3. The use of Eavesdropping
4. Happy Ending
• Shakespeare was an excellent
• He used many techniques in his
comedies and often this techniques
would be reused other comedies.