Great experience is 1. in the details.Does it matter whether that button is blue or green? Whetherwe use 5 words for the headline instead of three? From ourperspective, it matters a lot. Obsessive attention to everydetail is what distinguishes a great experience from the rest.
2. Plan results (not features). While end-users are inherently goal oriented, designers tend to plan product development around a feature set. A user- centred perspective allows ushappy kid to develop solutions that are focused on results rather than processes. sad cake
3. Speak human. Words can warm an audience to our humanity - or chill them with corporate calculus. Don’t leave copywriting to the engineering department.
4. Trust is earned through consistency. In a world of quick fixes, instant gratification, and infinite choice, people are naturally wary of any claims made about a product or service. Earn their trust through consistently adding value and delivering on promises.
5. The goal is engagement. There are tangible components of usability. Consistent validation, contextual information and carefully curated options all contribute to intuitive interfaces that support user engagement.
6. Eventually, all marketing will be software driven. As increasingly sophisticated consumers become wary of persuasion techniques and technology seeps into all corners of life, software platforms that provide utility and engagement will form the basis of a brand’s relationship with its customers.
7. Tell stories.Facts and figurescan draw attention,but narratives havethe ability to triggeremotions, which arethe ultimate driversof action.
8. Teaching is the path to excellence. In an era of constant change and ever increasing complexity, we must be perpetual students. The opportunity to share our knowledge allows us to contribute lasting value, while challenging and clarifying our beliefs.
9. Focus on what you do best Excellence is achieved through a consistent focus on a select group of services or skills. This applies equally to businesses, products and individuals.
10. Uncertainty is unavoidable. As User Experience Designers, we dive into challenges that have yet to be clearly defined. The work begins before the final solution is known.
Who We AreJar Creative is a digital experience agency based in Toronto, Canada.We are designers, strategists and technologists who are passionateabout building great websites, mobile applications and onlineproducts. Our clients include well-known international brands andsmall entrepreneurial businesses.www.jarcreative.com
Photo Credits:Slide 10 “rowing” by "Jon Fravel" www.flickr.com/photos/jfravelSlide 2 “two forms” by Roban KramertoSlide 4 Uncredited - public domainSlides 3, 6, 9, copyright Jar CreativeSlides 1, 8, 11, iStockphoto.comSlide 7 copyright Nike