• David Moro, Telefonica, UNICA API Update
• Andreas Boose, Telefonica, Re-using Existing Assets
• Martin Prosek, Telefonica, Implementing APIs
• Arnauld Blondet and Catalin Ciocoiu, Orange, SDP Implementation
in AMEA (Africa, Middle East, and Asia)
• Duygu Defne, Turkcell, APIs and the Enterprise
• Grzegorz Sikora, T-Mobile, Focused Community and Tools
• Manfred Bortenschlager, GSMA, Developer Engagement Model
I review some of the best presentations from the SDP Global Summit 2013.
Focus of UNICA is both internal and external consumption of APIs, through BlueVia parts of
the UNICA API is exposed to third parties.
UNICA remains one of the most successful group API implementations.
Focus is simplification - make operation of the SDP easier for service creation.
This is the basic API package – REST/JSON based to make it easy for internal developers
A question asked is should the APIs from the network be standardized as when TEF asked
for UNICA to be implemented its expensive. Its unclear given the limited competition
whether any cost saving can be achieved through standardization. All network equipment
should have API interfaces that expose the richness of network platform, not just what can
be agreed in a standards meeting.
As APIs become the dominant way systems interconnect within telcos, increased focus on
The enhanced architecture as been implemented across LATAM in TEF.