Aims to make Public Health more accessible
to the general public.
- Reach out through social media and blogs.
- Describe public health trough research.
- Make public health activities that are completely
Section 1. Title.
Sec. 2. Declaration of the Policy.
- The state shall instill health consciousness among people.
Sec. 3. Definition.
- “health workers” shall mean all persons who are engaged in
health and health-related works.
Sec. 4. Recruitment and Qualification.
- in accordance w/ policies and standards of the Civil Service
Sec. 5. Performance Evaluation and Merit Promotion.
Sec. 6. Transfer or Geographical Reassignment.
- PHW shall not be transferred and or reassigned, except when
made in the interest of public service.
Sec. 7. Married Public Health Workers.
- Married couples both PHW, to be employed in the same
municipality, but not in the same office.
Sec. 8. Security of Tenure.
- In case of regular employment of PHW, their services shall not
be terminated without due process.
Sec. 9. Discrimination Prohibited.
Sec. 10. No Understaffing/Overloading of Health Staff.
Sec. 11. Administration Charges.
Sec. 12. Safeguards in Disciplinary Procedures.
- PHW shall have the right to be informed, full access, defend,
confront witnesses, appeal, and to reimburse.
Sec. 13. Duties and Obligations.
Sec. 14. Code of Conduct.
Sec. 15. Normal Hours of Work.
- shall not exceed 8 hrs/day or 40 hrs/week.
Sec. 16. Overtime Work.
Sec. 17. Work During Rest Day.
Sec. 18. Night-Shift Differential. (10% reg. wage)
Sec. 19. Salaries. (Grade 24)
Sec. 20. Additional Compensation.
- hazard allowance, subsistence allowance, longevity pay,
laundry allowance and remote assignment allowance.
Sec. 21. Hazard Allowance. (25% of basic salary)
Sec. 22. Subsistence allowance (representation and travel)
Sec. 23. Longevity Pay (5% increase every 5 years)
Sec. 24. Laundry Allowance. (125 Php/month)
Sec. 25. Remote Assignment Allowance. (50% of basic pay)
Sec. 26. Housing.
Sec. 27. Medical Examination.
Sec. 28. Compensation of Injuries.
Sec. 29. Leave Benefits for Public Heath Worker.
Sec. 30. Highest Basic Salary Upon Retirement.
Sec. 31. Right to self-organization.
Sec. 32. Freedom from Interference or Coercion.
Sec. 33. Consultation w/ Health Worker’s Organization
Sec. 34. Human Health Resource Development/
- The DOH shall conduct a periodic health human resource
Sec. 35. Rules and Regulations.
- shall take effect 30 days after publication in a newspaper of
Sec. 36. Prohibition Against Double Recovery Benefit
- the worker shall only paid the difference.
Sec. 37. Prohibition Against Elimination and/or Diminution.
- Nothing shall eliminate or in a way diminish benefits being
enjoyed by PHW’s.
Sec. 38. Budgetary Estimates.
- P964,664,000.00 within 5 years.
Sec. 39. Penal Provision.
- P20,000 fine, 1 year or both at the discretion of the court.
Sec. 40. Separability Clause.
- If any provision of this ACT is declared invalid, the remainder
of this Act or any provision not affected thereby shall remain in
force and effect.
Sec. 41. Repealing Clause.
- inconsistent with the provisions of this act are herby
repealed, amended or modified accordingly.
Sec. 42. Effectivity.
- The act shall take 15 days after publication in at least 2
national newspaper of general circulation.
R.A. 349 – Legalizes the use of human organs for
surgical, medical and scientific purposes.
R.A. 1080 – Civil Service Eligibility.
R.A. 1136 – An act recognizing the Division of
Tuberculosis in the DOH.
R.A. 1891 – Act Strengthening Health and
Dental services in the rural areas.
R.A. 3573 – Law on Reporting of Communicable
R.A. 7170 – Law that govern organ donation.
R.A. 7305 – The Magna Carta of Public HealthWorker.
R.A. 7600 – Rooming In and BreastfeedingAct of 1992.
R.A. 7610 – Special protection of children
R.A. 8750 –The Philippine Seatbelt Law
R.A. 6365 – Established a National Policy on
R.A. 6425 – Dangerous Drug Act 0f 1992.
R.A. 7719 – National Blood ServiceAct of 1994.
R.A. 7875 – National Health Insurance Act of 1995.
R.A. 7883 – Barangay Health
workers Benefit and IncentiveAct.
R.A. 9288 – Newborn Screening
P.D. 166 – Strengthened Family Program .
P.D. 491 – Nutrition Program.
P.D. 856 – Code of Sanitation.
P.D. 996 – Provides for compulsory basic
immunization for children and infants below 8
years of age.
Republic Act 8344 - An Act Prohibiting the
Demand of Deposits or Advance Payments.
Republic Act 8976 - Philippine Food Fortification Act
Republic Act 8423 - Traditional and Alternative
Medicine Act (TAMA of 1997).
Republic Act 8749 - Philippine Clean Air Act of 1999
Proclamation No. 499 – National
Aids Awareness Day.
LOI 949 – Act on health and health
related activities must be
integrated with other activities of
the overall National Development
Executive Order 51 –The milk