07-2007: CSC presents ePoste Restante
09-2008: ePoste (.fi), Bitey (.ie), FileSender (.no), DocExchange (.ch)
04-2009: AARNet, HEAnet, Uninett start FileSender Project
xx-2009: FileSender x released
10-2009: AARnet pilot starts
09-2010: SRCE production
11-2010: HEAnet production
17-01-2010: after 19 betas: RC1 (beta-19 rebrand)!
31-01-2011: RELEASE 1.0!
“Facilitating Research Collaboration in the
Australian Geoscience Community Using
after 2 years: what have we got?
● a solid release 1.0, ready for production
● solid understanding of problem space
● established a project!
● good documentation
● working cross-org collab infrastructure
● funding for 2011
● a very dedicated group of people
with a desire to make it happen!
● no reliance on one single NREN!
● Priority 1: >2GB !Flash, !Gears
● >2GB on Mac, Linux using HTML5
● database abstraction
After FileSender 1.5: more features!
● integration with other apps:scientific workflows!
● addressbook/federated group
● ...and more
focus on shipping for production services