An event happening on May 29 and 30, 2014 at Pan Pacific Hotel Manila where Janette Toral will give a talk on "TACTICAL: Sourcing Nirvana! Power, Accuracy, and Speed in the Tactical Use of Boolean Search Strings in LinkedIn, Google, and Other Important Recruitment Databases"
Competencies Targeted: Technological Savvy, Information / Data Management
1. Quick Guide
2. Basic Syntax Elements of Boolean Search Strings
3. Identifying the Limiting Factor that will Return an Optimal Number of Results in Your Searches
4. Using Boolean for List and Association Search
5. Using Boolean for Finding Recently Updated Resumes
6. Using Boolean for Facebook Groups
7. Boolean Search Techniques in Linkedin
8. Boolean Search for Sourcing Emails and Phone Numbers
Boolean search is an expertise that will aid the recruiter in filling up difficult positions from a multitude of online sources including website, fora, site groups, conference attendance lists, blogs, and the like). Voluminous data was borne out of the amount of information shared in social networks. Logically, learning Boolean search is necessary for effectively managing big data. It is utilized in major search engines, Linkedin, Facebook, and key job sites for sourcing prospective candidates who qualify for a post. A sample Boolean string would be: “Oracle consultant" (resume | CV | "curriculum vitae"). This session handholds the recruitment practitioner on the how-to’s of Boolean search.