2. 1. Discuss with a partner
2. Make a list of as many uses of ‘a piece of chalk’ that you can think of
3. Share your list with another pair. Compare and contrast your lists
3. • Learn to write the alphabet
• Draw a picture
• Draw Street Art
• Write a message
• Play follow the footsteps
• Beep Test
• Change the color of your hair
• Make a map
• Play noughts and crosses / tic tac toe
• Play Hopscotch
4. A new short film called With a Piece of Chalk starring a gifted young
break-dancer Justen Beer has captured the hearts of hundreds of
thousands of web users with its inspiring message of finding joy through
dance in the face of hardship.
The protagonist of the heart-warming film is the 12-year-old Beer who is
part of the group Hustle Kidz. Beer portrays a child who faces turmoil at
home and is bullied at school, but finds escape in his ability to dance,
which ultimately sets him free.
The team hopes the film will show viewers ‘how important dancing can be.’
The low-budget short was planned over two months and shot in just three
days. The stirring and dramatic score for the otherwise silent film was
composed and arranged by Vincent Lee, another member of JubaFilms.
5. • captured
• in the face of
the hearts of
9. There is no legal definition of
bullying. However, it’s usually
defined as behavior that is:
• Intended to hurt someone
either physically or
• Often aimed at certain
groups, for example because
of race, religion or gender
It takes many forms and can
• Physical assault
• Making threats
• Cyber-bullying via mobile
phone or online (for example
email, social networks and
• What is cyberbullying?
• What are the effects of bullying?
• What can be done to prevent cyberbullying?
• Compare cyberbullying with other kinds of bullying.
• Go to the websites (pp.70-71) and as a group read about your
• Discuss how you are going to present your topic.
• Prepare a 2-3 minute Google Slides presentation (one to two
slides per person).
• Use very little text. Use images and or a short video.
• Share your presentations with me
• Next lesson you will present to the class
11. 1. What do we know about the two main characters?
2. What do you think is going to happen next?
In pairs give advice to the girl to try and stop her from
• “ You shouldn’t jump because… Don’t jump because…”
1. What surprised you at the end of this movie?
2. What stereotypes were shattered in this movie?
12. Check out my Blog, Route
CPD for ELT, for a copy of
this presentation, and for
other presentations and
If you go to my blog you can find lesson plans. I am updating the blog with lesson plans as we go. You don’t have to teach this program to use the methods I use and you don’t have to stick to the textbooks. They are a framework.