2. Senior Interaction Designer
- Been working in the digital space for 12 years
- Seen lots of change in 12 years - both in our space & the tech world
- We’re all users of technology
- We all care about UX
3. 1968 2011
- Encapsulates the pace of change
- Today’s impression of tomorrow’s technology can sometimes miss the mark
- “Wow, that’s amazing - look what we can do”
- What we have lets us do so much more
- I see technology as an enabler; of us, of better experiences
- Wanted to explore technology’s impact on those experiences
7. Latest Travel News
Destination Reviews Aggregation
Flight Tracker Forums
Research Book Prepare Go
Tablets Broadband Connection
- A simple representation of the experience
- Think of the different technologies you use
- What’s the experience like without this technology?
= 9 8
- Almost all technology today doesn’t exist
- Hands up if you feel old?!?
- Better, more convenient ways of doing things
- Us as consumers
- The overall experience
- What does this mean for us as people who care about UX?
21. More opportunities
To surprise & delight
- FOR US:
- To go beyond consumer expectations
- This is what excites me!
(Push) Alerts TV
- FOR US & BUSINESS STAKEHOLDERS:
- More ways of making things better
- Improving experiences
23. Advances in technology
- It becomes clear how much when we take that technology away
- What about expectations then?
24. What does technology do to our
- More Louis!
- Demonstrates how tech shapes our expectations
- The sense of entitlement technology gives us
26. Consumers expect technology
to be there
- Would you buy a ﬂight from an airline that had no online booking capabilities?
- Bank with no IB?
- If it’s not there, it affects the experience & therefore our perceptions
27. Consumers expect technology
- How many ‘give it a second’ moments do you have?
- How often does tech frustrate you?
- When it doesn’t, again it affects the experience & therefore our perceptions
- What does this mean for us as UX people?
28. Meet expectations
- This is the minimum we should be doing
- Behind the scenes: minimise errors etc.
29. Exceed expectations
Surprise & delight
- This is what excites me - as a consumer & UX person
The past Today The future
- Where would we be without today’s technology?
- What’s next?
26th August 2011