10 Reasons To Be PMP Certified
Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification is the most coveted
credential in project management offered by the reputed PMI.
If you plan on a long term career as a project manager, then yes, even with your
level of experience, I would suggest getting your PMP. I say this for
the following reasons.
1. Will expose you to mainstream thinking on project management standards,
techniques, best practices, and current trends.
2. You will learn great new tricks and techniques to assist you in your
project management activities.
3. When hiring, many companies are now giving preference to project
managers that are PMP certified.
4. It’s a formalized display of your professional ability. It distinguish you from
other project management professionals in this tough job market.
5. If working for a consulting firm, your PMP credential may help your
company win business, making you more valuable to your firm.
6. Will provide networking opportunities with other PMPs.
7. Will impress your friends at cocktail parties.
8. Will provide potential teaching opportunities by conducting PMP classes to
future PMP candidates. This point what I face exactly, because I love training
and knowledge sharing. In fact, my slogan is (Let's learn and teach others).
9. Illustrates personal drive to further your credentials, knowledge, and
10. Open unexpected opportunities for you, such as: It gave me an excellent
opportunity to be a project excellence assessor and participating in Ajman
Excellence .Program for Projects in UAE in the late of 2013. I became now an
IPMA Projects Award Excellence Assessor.
Wish you all the best.
Jamil M. Faraj Hassan, PMP
PMP ID 1423214