Climate change and its impact are
happening right now. The
projection shows that it will be
getting worse in the future.
It's not only real, but also
The worst part, there's a ﬁnding
that states even if we end carbon
dioxide emissions today, the
effects still can happen for
thousand years from now.
Do people still have a chance
to make it better?
Climate change doesn't happen on
its own. Climate scientist are 95%
conﬁdent that humans are
responsible for this issue
(source: cnn.com). It's a huge
problem, but to most people it's
invisible. How come? People just
don't care about it because they
think it doesn't affect them directly.
“Once they got a
SES A-B. Male & Female. 18-25
years old. Well-educated.
Intensely access internet anytime
and anywhere to obtain information
directly to work or indirectly to self-
Why young people?
Theyʼre the future
of our society.
1. Something feel so much
precious, when it is gone.
2. Young people are concerned
with fashion, gossip, and anything
prestigious. Oh, they also worry
about money, a lot.
3. Young people love something
challenging, something crazy, and
something to have fun with their
1. Increase people awareness
about climate change as a ʻrealʼ
issue, not an endless, yet boring
2. Encourage people to have a
concern with climate change.
3. Encourage people to take real
actions to reduce the effect of
“Nice environment is not a
fantasy. We can
make it better.”
The strategy is all about making
protecting planet as a
To implement the strategy, We
choose three main media:
3. Website, Twitter, and
1. Create a
“Make it a habit
to make it
First, weʼd like to make people
curious and increase awareness
about the real campaign.
Using billboard ad at main streets
in Jakarta (Sudirman, Thamrin,
Gatot Subroto, etc.)
“I love Jakartaʼs
If you donʼt feel what I feel, letʼs make it better!
“Can you feel that
today is f******
If you canʼt feel it, letʼs make it better!
The message is created not to
directly show that itʼs a climate
change campaign because
people are fed up with this kind
of issue. Instead, we compose a
simple and contradicting
Then, we direct them to our
instagram for the real action.
Scientist proves that if we wanna
start a habit, don't tell ourself to do it
for a life, but try it for 21 days.
To make protecting planet as a habit,
we choose instagram as the main
media. Why? It's simply where they
Weʼll publish 21 crazy protecting-
planet activities. Young people are
challenged to do all of them 21 days
in a row.
They can bring goodness to the
environment and feel the
1. Turn off the air conditioner and sleep naked. Ah, Don't
forget to turn off the light!
2. Take busway instead of taxi. Ask a stranger to take a
video of you.
3. Brush your teeth, turn off the water, and sing Nicki
4. Buy condoms in the nearest supermarket, bring it
home with a giant canvas bag.
5. Go to college or ofﬁce by riding a bike. Ask the
security to take a video of how wet your back is.
6. Don't take a bath for a day. Ask one of your friends to
smell your armpit.
7. Do morning walk around your home and make a
parody of senam 'yaiyalah'.
8. Bring your own bottle to your ofﬁce or college. Ask
your boss to sing a happy birthday song using your
bottle as a mic.
9. Eat everything veggies in a day.
10. Do a candle light dinner with your friends.
11. Go to college or ofﬁce by public transport you've
never used before.
12. Turn off all your electronic device. Yes, no instavideo
13. Plant a tree at your home and do goyang cesar next
14. Get that yummy ketoprak by bringing your own plate.
15. Find used papers at your home as many as you can.
Make it a bundle and let it be your daily notes.
16. Go to ofﬁce or college with your together with your
17. Put 10 little trash on the street to the bin.
18. Take a bath with the light off and sing Dewa 19's
19. Create something artsy from your old newspaper.
20. Don't buy anything in a day. Take a video of how you
21. Tell your friends that we can make the world better
with these crazy little things.
To trigger people to join, we
choose 5 instagram inﬂuencer They
are @eddybrokoli @ﬁtritropica
@aulion @radita_dika @shitlicious.
People can join us by using hashtag
#IMakeItBetter1 - #IMakeItBetter21
and mention @MakeItBetterID
Weʼll also share good visual content
about protecting planet and crazy
stuff thatʼs relevant to the audience.
This challenge will be held together
from 1 April - 22 April 2014 (Earthʼs
Day). On that day, weʼll publish a
congratulation post for those who
passed the challenge.
youʼve made it
better. You proof
that action is
The world needs more people like
you, so letʼs spread these stuffs.
The campaign doesnʼt stop here,
there will be another exciting
This idea box is the main feature of
our website. People can submit their
crazy idea to protect the planet here.
Their idea will be selected and
compiled to be the next challenge.
Got a crazier idea?
Besides the idea box, the website will
be ﬁlled with these contents:
1. Fact about climate change and its
2. Simple steps to reduce the effect.
3. Article about event that support
ﬁghting the climate change.
4. Testimonials from people whoʼve
done the challenge before.