• Great Starter• Give students an understanding of what is inside a computer• Then label picture
• Help students understand cables & computer parts• You really want to risk expensive PCs?• Kinaesthetic task• Short task, can be done throughout lesson if not enough Pis for everybody.
• Prepare several SD cards for Pi• Show presentation• Encourage students to compare Operating systems – Speed, reliability, ease of use etc• Lesson Guide http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching- resource/OS-Death-Match- 6079800/
• Can program on PC and setup the Pi as a Kiosk• You’ve got to love Scratch• Python for more advanced programmers
• MP3 Player Design interface for MP3 player• Arcade Cabinet http://raspberrypislice.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/how-to-make- your-own-arcade-machine.html• School Kiosk Project Create a Kiosk for School reception with maps and useful info.
• Saves a fortune for CISCO CCNA course. cisco.netacad.net• Movie Player – Setup home media server• Web Server• Don’t mess with School’s main network
1. ID the parts 6. Arcade Cabinet2. Wire it up 7. School Kiosk3. Deck of OS 8. Networking Client4. Scratch 9. Movie Player5. MP3 player Interface 10. Web Server