Be the first to like this
In this tutorial I will be reviewing the current FAFSA instructions, form, and rules for filling out the form, and simplifying the process to make it easier for the reader, as the Government supplied instructions can be very difficult to understand for a first time applicant. Each step will be followed with an image to further help you understand the application process.
1. Gather all the following documents: Driver license or state I.D., Social Security card, W-2 Forms and other records of money earned, parents' Federal Income Tax Return (for dependent students), untaxed income records - Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records, current bank statements, alien registration or permanent residence card (if you are not a U.S. citizen).
2. Create FAFSA account
3. Fill out student information
4. Fill out basic eligibility for financial aid section
5. Determine school code
6. Dependency determination
7. Fill in financial information
8. Fill in either student or parent tax information
9. Review grant eligibility
10. Sign and complete your FAFSA
11. Print, write, save the following information for your records.