Will the England football team win the world cup in my lifetime?
Will the England Football team
win the world cup in my lifetime?
• The topic of this documentary is to investigate
the reasons behind why the quality of English
players are so poor and to work out if I and
others believe they will ever see them win
• I will also aim to get an insight into how they
are going to improve the quality of the players
• Lastly the FA have aimed to with a major
tournament by 2022 and I will aim to find out
how they plan to do this
Mode of Address
• I ain to make the documentary as informal as i
• When it comes to interviews the mode of
address will change depending on who I'm
talking to. If they are someone of extreme
importance then I will make that section of
the documentary formal.
• Coaches who are involved in the England
International set up.
• Someone who has a broad understanding of
what I am talking and also who has great
knowledge of the topic
• Also a journalist or someone involved in the
media that has investigated into this topic
The target audience for this documentary are males aged 17-19.
They live in England and are from England.
The target audience will be predominantly white British.
Their hobbies and interests would be football as that is what the topic is
• My target audience will watch several sports channels and programs such
as sky sports and soccer Saturday for example and they are very masculine
programs presented by all males.
• In my opinion the documentary will appeal to my primary audience as it
will be a masculine documentary presented by males.
Primary Research and findings
• For my primary research I spoke to someone who knew
a lot about this topic and I gained a lot of knowledge
from speaking to him. These are the answers he gave
1. Always a big expectations on new managers
2. Poor diet for English kids
3. 11 players each side to early
4. Coaching is an actual job not just ex footballers
5. Poor education of young English footballers
6. Poor tactics and formations
7. English players rarely go abroad
Secondary Research And Findings
For my secondary research I
looked at an article where
Stuart Pearce the ex England
Under 21’s manager. As you can
see he reckons that England will
never win a World Cup unless
drastic changes happen. Such as
get more young players into the
first team at English clubs rather
then getting your players from