Solution: Drop the price or communicate added value.
It is always too high.
2. FREE DELIVERY
• eBay: from + 5 % to + 33 % revenue. 2BigFeet: + 50 %
• Amazon: customers are willing to pay 30 % higher prices
for items with free delivery.
• The diﬀerence between cheap and free is huge.
Solution: Make delivery free.
3. BUYING IS TOO HARD
• Don’t make the payment process
• Do you really need all that data?
• The less you ask, the more you get.
Solution: Simplify the buying process.
• Too little information.
• Nobody likes to buy pig in a poke.
• Does it ﬁt? Can I return it?
• Zappos = no questions asked -return policy…
unlike in Finland.
Solution: Give peace of mind. Livechats, FAQ, pictures…
• Every second the user has to wait gives your
competition opportunity to steal the deal.
• Amazon: 1 % revenue loss per 100 ms of
Solution: Make site faster.
• Analytics. Where does the money
really come from? Calculate
conversion KPI and resulting ROI.
• Monitoring. What is happening,
and is everything ok?
• Ecommerce is not about
technology. It is about business.
• Create content that sticks.
• Product reviews.
• Adding site on a Google+
results indexing < 10 minutes!
3. SEARCH ENGINES
• SEO in Finland = Google (97 %).
• Best place to hide a body is on
the second page of Google…
• YouTube is the second most
popular search engine.
4. USE ALL SENSES
• Use good quality images.
Lots of them.
• Write engaging copy.
• Use stories.
• Mobile ﬁrst & responsive design.
• Clear conversion paths.
• Good usability: the less friction on diﬀerent steps the better.
• Mobile will be the most important sales channel… most
of the items.
• Better logistics infrastructure will bring food closer to our
door. It will be easier to buy, with more options to
• Locally global renaissance of craftsmanship: Toshi
straps, Etsy, Thumbs Up!
• Internet of things will be part of our
daily lives, but slowly.
• Augmented reality, how will it aﬀect us?
• Integrating e-commerce stores to
• 3D printing.