§ Majority and minority shares"
- Over 50% - clear control; under 50% - board and strategic decisions"
§ Grow VC Group Management"
- Strategic targets and decisions, e.g. new businesses"
- Monthly entity review: sales, revenue, costs, strategic targets, issues"
§ Each entity has its own management "
- Group representative in the board (Chairman position in the key companies)"
§ Some decisions require Group and entities to make a decision
- For example, at the moment we discuss a case to offer the p2p platform,
business and investment instrument planning and Group investment in one new
p2p lending service in Asia"
Grow VC Group Governance ++
§ Very entrepreneur type people – many team members have had
their own companies"
§ Very de-centralized organization"
- Key locations London, New York, San Francisco, and Hong Kong"
- Some resources in Helsinki"
- Team members in e.g. Germany, Italy, Brazil, Zimbabwe, India"
- Software development also e.g. in Vietnam, Ukraine, Pakistan, Thailand"
§ Online project management tools"
§ Regular calls"
§ Very self-driven people"
New Strategies – in business and military
• Guerilla and terrorist organizations are fighting with small and self-organized cells, rapid
attacks to a strategic target, and leave the enemy to wonder, how and where to respond
• How someone can build an IED for a few hundred dollars and use it to destroy millions
of dollars military vehicles and fighters who have got top training and equipment
• Generally they mean that resources are not used to any other goal than the creation of
value for the end customer
• A lean startup gets a product beta version to the market as soon as possible, and then
based on the feedback and results develop it further
• Big organizations often like to build expensive systems and always expand
• Often you actually need more competent people and versatile technology and tools
Then they can better adapted to different kind of situations and needs, and they can
also surprise the competitor (or enemy)
Some visions ++
§ We cannot have one optimal model for all people"
§ Many people respect independent and self-driven roles, but they
are not easy"
§ Crowdsourcing and crowdfunding also have inﬂuence on
organizations à old centralized sourcing and funding structures
are not the only way to operate"
§ Agile organization, operations and teams"
§ Global organizations, capability to work in different cultures,
versatile competence and ﬂexible attitude"
§ You must be genuinely in main market and respect their culture
and how the market work"
- No old-fashion export attitude, no teaching, and no arrogance"