• A) What is this Dropbox thing, exactly?• B) I have used it once or twice.• C) I use it occasionally.• D) I use it all the time.
UNCG does not support Dropbox.• While there are no official UNCG sources for troubleshooting, there is a very involved user community online.• Since the service does not need to be tied to a UNCG account, you can use it after graduation.
• Cloud-based file storage: you can access it from any Internet connection.• Dropbox Folder: a locally stored folder that is synced with the online files• Dropbox Sharing: You can share documents with other people.
• Go to Dropbox.com, create an account.• On your own computer, download and install the client.• Can download and sync your account to multiple computers (home, work, etc.)• To access from other computers, again, Dropbox.com and log in to access your files.
• The website has a lot of good introductory material• Sharing: put file in Public folder. You can then right-click, go to Dropbox -> Copy Public Link, and share that link• Or Share with other dropbox users: Right-click and select Dropbox > Share this folder…• You get 2GB of free storage, can pay to upgrade (or sometimes get free upgrades!)
• Selective Sync:• System tray: Preferences -> Advanced -> Selective Sync button• Uncheck anything you do not want to have automatically synced to your hard drive.• These files will still exist on Dropbox servers, and you can still access them via the dropbox website or other devices.
• From web view click on file ->dropdown menu -> “Previous Versions”• Local view: right click -> Dropbox -> View Previous Versions