Question 6 What have you learnt abouttechnologies from the process of constructing this product?
• I was using software called Photoshop. This is a very easy-to-use programme which enhances peoples work to a much more professional standard. It helped me shape my work to be at the standard it is at. Once again this was a programme which i have never used before. At first it was a hard programme to use, taking a while for me to get used to the layers and positioning. However, looking back on my preliminary task, I can confidently say that I have made a dramatic improvement in how I present my work and what I drive to achieve. I hope that other people can recognise the difference in the quality in my work.
• Using quark was, at first, difficult to get a grasp of. I had never used to software before and a lot of the techniques on it seemed alien to me. After using it I understand that quark is only software which arranges design work, and does not design anything on it. It helped me greatly throughout the year. Looking back at my preliminary task, I can see a progression in the techniques I use and the way I use them. My preliminary task contents page is very basic and does not follow any codes and conventions; this was due to my lack of ability at the time. Now I feel that my abilities are able to either follow or challenge codes and conventions for magazines.
• Blogger, in my opinion, is the most easy aspect of the whole process of the coursework. It is completely straight forward and easy to use. I have never used it before starting this course, but I have had no problem using it. It was easy to keep things organised, in date and size. This website has definitely helped me throughout the whole course and I think it very easy to use.
• Previous to my coursework, I have never been taught to use, or used a digital camera before. It took me about 20 minutes to get used to the controls and settings and then ever since, I have been completely confident with using one. I am glad that I now have the skills to use a digital camera, as it presents my work in more creative, exciting ways, as well as now being able to use them in my spare time.
• Once again, using this technology was new to me. However, I have had absolutely no struggle with it. It is completely straight forward, easy to use and effective. It completely transformed how I presented my work and has helped my achieve the standard of work I am at.
• At first, I was completely hesitant to use xtranormal, because it was nothing, I had ever seen or heard of before at all. It was completely alien to me. However, it proven to be completely beneficial for me to use and really effective. The website, is fast easy and really good to use. It takes around 10 minutes to get your head around it, but once you do, it is like second nature to use.
• Slideshare, is the fastest, most effective way of producing a simple online slide show presentation. There is no need for effort when using this website. It is completely basic and easy to use. I have never used this site before, and now I have, I will use it on a regular basis from now on. I found it really helpful throughout my work and has helped me achieve the standard of work it is at.
• Windows movie maker has really helped me throughout my coursework. I have used windows movie maker previously. I used it when I was in year 5 & 6 which would make me the age of around 9-10 years old. That shows how basic and easy this software really is. It is really easy, fun to use and effective. I would advise anyone to use it. I have learnt how to add multiple images at one time which saves time and is easier to do.
• Prezi another presentation website which allows you to present things in new and exciting ways and allows the audience to interact with the presentation, making it more enjoyable for the viewer and shows off your creativity in a more technological way. Previous to the coursework I had never used this website. However now I feel comfortable using it and I feel I have learnt all I need to know about the website, to produce a piece of work at a very high standard.
• When taking photographs for my front cover, contents page, and double page spread, I was using a Nikon D300. This is an SLR camera and I have absolutely no previous experience of handling one. I learnt how to take pictures, clean the lens, change the lens, change the settings to suite my surroundings, take accurate pictures, and mount it to a tripod. Once getting the hang of using a camera like this, it becomes second nature. Especially when you know the importance of the pictures you are taking and how much a difference the pictures will make to the standards of your work. I believe that the pictures I have taken are at a professional standard and really are something I am truly proud of. I hope everyone will recognise my efforts throughout using this technology and the pictures boost my grade to the highest possible level.