Be the first to like this
Presented by Bill Dempster and Gerry Jeffcott of 360 Public Affairs.
The presentation covers the following topics:
- An overview of Canada’s health technology assessment (HTA) system, including the national and provincial processes, which evaluate individual medications or therapeutic classes to inform funding decisions by governments and private payers
- How these systems have evolved to date to include patients’ experiences
- Attendees will also explore, together, how the HTA system could be improved to become more patient-centered in order to better meet the needs, expectations and values of patients, looking at a number of key questions, including:
- How and at what stage should patients be involved in HTA processes?
- What are the criteria for successful involvement of patients in HTA processes?
- How should patients’ perspectives be evaluated and factored into the formulary recommendations and, ultimately, coverage decisions?
- What are some of the current obstacles/barriers for successful patient involvement and what are the strategies/approaches to address them?