1. Part of the Trinitarian God2. Involved in the Creation of the wholeUniverse3. As part of the Trinity, He is:a. Omniscientb. Omnipresentc. Omnipotent4. A Spirit being with personality, feelingsand character just like any one of us
Isaiah 61: 33 and provide for those who grieve inZion— to bestow on them a crown ofbeauty instead of ashes,instead of mourning, and a garment ofpraise instead of a spirit of despair. Theywill be called oaks of righteousness, aplanting of the LORD for the display ofhis splendor.
7.Seal2 Cor 1: 22He anointed us, set his seal ofownership on us and put his Spiritin our hearts as a deposit,guaranteeing what is to come.
D. The ROLES of the Holy Spirit1. The CounselorJohn 16: 7But very truly I tell you,it is for your goodthat I am going away.Unless I go away,the Advocate will not come to you;but if I go,I will send him to you.Convict sin,righteousness andjudgment
2. TheActs 9: 31Then the churchthroughoutJudea, Galilee andSamariaenjoyed a time of peaceand was strengthened.Living in the fear of theLord andencouraged by the HolySpirit, it increased innumbers.
Acts 9: 17 – 1817 Then Ananias went to the house and enteredit. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “BrotherSaul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you onthe road as you were coming here—has sentme so that you may see again and be filled withthe Holy Spirit.”18 Immediately,something like scalesfell from Saul’s eyes,and he could seeagain. He got up andwas baptized,
4. Empower us to do goodActs 10: 38how God anointed Jesus ofNazareth with the Holy Spiritand power, and how he wentaround doing good and healing all whowere under the powerof the devil, because God was with him.Romans 15: 9and, moreover, that the Gentiles mightglorify God for his mercy. As it is written:“Therefore I will praise you among theGentiles; I will sing the praises of yourname.”
5. usActs 11: 12The Spirit told me tohave no hesitationabout goingwith them. These six brothers also went withme, and we entered the man’s house.Acts 13: 4The two of them, sent on their way by the HolySpirit, went down to Seleucia and sailed fromthere to Cyprus.
Acts 11: 17So if God gave them the same gift he gave us whobelieved in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to thinkthat I could stand in God’s way?”Acts 19: 4 – 74 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He toldthe people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came onthem, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.7 There were about twelve men in all.
Eph 4: 11 – 1211 So Christ himself gave the apostles, theprophets, the evangelists, the pastors andteachers,12 to equip his people for works of service,so that the body of Christ may be built up
E. How to cooperate and be filledcontinuously with the Holy Spirit?1. BE FILLED with the Holy SpiritEphesians 5: 18Do not get drunk on wine,which leads to debauchery.Instead, be filledwith the Spirit,
E. How to cooperate and be filledcontinuously with the Holy Spirit?2. DO NOTGRIEVE(put out) theSpirit’s fire1 Thess 5: 19Do not quenchthe Spirit.
E. How to cooperate and be filledcontinuously with the Holy Spirit?3.1 Thess 5: 20Do not treat prophecies with contempt
The of the Holy Spirit:1. Power to be witnessesDunamis – ResurrectionPowerActs 1: 8But you will receive power when theHoly spirit comes on you; and youwill be my witnesses in Jerusalem,and in all Judea and Samaria,and to the ends of the earth.
The of the Holy Spirit:2. Power to prayActs 4: 29 – 31Now, Lord, consider their threats and enableyour servants to speak your word with greatboldness. Stretch out your hand to heal andperform miraculous signs and wondersthrough the name of your holy servant Jesus.After they prayed, the place where theywere meeting was shaken. And they were allfilled with the Holy spirit and spoke the wordof God boldly.
The of the Holy Spirit:3.Power to confront demonicpowersActs 13: 9 – 10Then Saul, who was also called Paul,filled with the Holy Spirit, lookedstraight at Elymas and said,“You are a child of the devil andan enemy of everything that is right!You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery.Will you never stop perverting the rightways of the Lord?”
The of the Holy Spirit:4. Power to heal andperform miraculoussigns and wondersActs 19: 11God did extraordinary miraclesthrough Paul…
for the infilling of theHoly Spirit upon believersActs 2: 4All of them were filled with theHoly Spirit and began to speakin other tongues as the Spiritenabled them.
2. BE COURAGEOUS to testifyto pre-believersActs 23: 11The following night the Lord stood nearPaul and said, “Take courage! As youhave testified about me in Jerusalem,so you must also testify in Rome.”
G. How to be empowered by theHoly Spirit to impact pre-believers3.BE AVAILABLE to witness topre-believersActs 2: 47…praising God and enjoying the favourof all the people. And the Lord added totheir number daily those who werebeing saved.
G. How to be empowered by theHoly Spirit to impact pre-believers4. BE AVAILABLE to doActs 9: 32 - 3532As Peter travelled about the country,he went to visit the saints in Lydda.33There he found a man named Aeneas,a paralytic who has been bedridden for eightyears. 34 “Aeneas,” Peter said to him,“Jesus Chrsit heals you. Get up and take careof your mat.” Immediately Aeneas got up.35All those who lived in Lydda and Sharonsaw him and turned to the Lord