Anne Thyme & Lars H. Sørensen: Getting started with web accessibility – Who, What and Why?
Up to 20% of all internet users experience accessibility issues when browsing the web. Accommodating these users is not only the “right” thing to do – it is also good for business. With an aging population, accessibility is going to play an even bigger part in the web experience in the future. Is your web organization up for this challenge?
In this session Anne Thyme, Accessibility Product Owner with Siteimprove, and Lars Holm Sørensen, Accessibility Consultant with Diversa, are going to show you why accessibility matters to your users. Lars Holm Sørensen, who is almost blind himself, will show you how he browses the web using a screen reader that reads websites aloud. You will get to experience firsthand what good and bad accessibility means in real life, and get tips & tricks for quick fixes for your website, that will result in better accessibility, while at the same time improving your SEO.
• Web Accessibility definition: Wikipedia,
• Mobility impairments in Denmark: Det Nationale Forskningscenter for Velfærd,
• Dyslexics in Denmark: Ordblindeforeningen,
• Brain damage in Denmark: Hjernesagen, http://www.hjernesagen.dk/om-
• Developmental impairments in Denmark: Socialstyrelsen,
• Visual impairments in Denmark: Instituttet for Blinde og Svagsynede,
• Color blind in Denmark: Netdoktor.dk,
• Senior citizens in Denmark: Danmarks Statistik, http://www.statistikbanken.dk