UX/UI Designer &
Beginner Intermediate Advanced
Iowa State University (www.iastate.edu)
Agnes Scott College (www.agnesscott.edu)
BA in Psychology
“Want your users to fall in love with your designs? Fall in
love with your users.” -Dana Chisnell
I am passionate about the way people use technology. I
love to talk to the users of a product; to understand their
desires and frustrations, and to use their insights to
create simple, beautiful user interfaces that have a high
degree of both desirability and usability.
MS in Human Computer Interaction
Areas of Interest: Usability, User Experience, User Interface Design
Member of: SIGCHI, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
• Computational Implementation
and Prototyping in HCI
• Design and Ethics
• Seminar in Human Computer
• Selected Studies in Graphic
Design: Game Design
• Visual Design of HCI
• User Interface Implementation
for Web Applications
• Cognitive Psychology of
Human Computer Interaction
• UX Lab Studies: Eye-tracking
and Other UX Tools
• Special Topics: IxD and UX
for Mobile Devices
• Seminar in Human Computer
• Evaluating Digital Learning
• HCI Design, Implementation,
• Systems Engineering & Project
AOL (www.aol.com) - Present
UI/Web Design Intern
• Understand and advocate for the optimal user experience, from broad concepts to minute details.
• Plan, execute and analyze usability tests for proposed designs and make recommendations for design updates/changes based on feedback.
• Produce sketches, wireframes and clickable prototypes for testing and illustration purposes.
• Provide production-level support for any UI/design tweaks needed for development.
• Make recommendations regarding new UI design layouts to support strategic brand initiatives.
• Deliver optimized files according to developer specifications and requirements.
• Work directly with product owners and other team members to assist in creation of Executive and Board update presentations.
• Produce UX related requirements and translate these requirements into visual concepts.
Areas of Interest: Cognitive Psychology
• Graphic Design
• Computer Programming
• Cognitive Psychology
• Research Statistics
For Children’s Sake of VA (www.fcsva.org) - 2012
Intake and Compliance Coordinator
• Maintained, created and modified user-input forms in corporate Quickbase applications.
• Communicated with users to understand needs and provided interface enhancements
• Conducted usability surveys
• Provided training for users on improved features
• Collaborated with technical staff when user-desired changes were out of scope
• Familiarized self and coworkers with governmental regulations and standards of care in order to maintain compliance
UX/UI Designer & Usability Specialist
Bows, Etc. (http://www.shopbowsetc.com) - 2007 to 2011
Business Operations Manager
Established and maintained e-commerce business, including:
• Designed and produced both merchandise and marketing materials
• Managed stock and placed orders with suppliers as required, maintaing detailed documentation and checklists regarding supply
levels, vendor contact information, and ordering schedules
• Handled all production, marketing, and financial responsibilities for the company to include: creating and editing company website,
all client relations, and budgeting
• Branded company, and designed and maintained website, keeping product descriptions current and accurate by editing HTML,
stylesheets, as well as printed copy
TraderOnline (http://traderonline.com) - 2003 to 2004
Manager, Fraud Service Bureau
• Identified threats and strategically minimized risks to network security
• Utilized our payment processor (ClearCommerce) platform to control risk management by analyzing statistics and developing site
transaction and access algorithms
• Enhanced team’s web tools and additional materials to ensure effective fraud prevention and detection
• Created and maintained the “security center” website, which was used for customer education on ways to minimize their risk
• Trained team on procedures for fraud prevention, use of software tools, and proper customer service etiquette
• Managed up to 35 employees, managed vendor relationships, and established communication with industry groups to benchmark
company performance and tactics
Mobile Application Design
Design for Health and Well-being: Enabl•IT (2013)
Used creative IT solutions alongside assistive technologies to produce an emotionally and socially appropriate tool which enables indepen-
dent living for persons with cognitive disabilities and language barriers for the purpose of promoting independent living with regard to
augmented communication. Specific focus included mobile application to assist persons with dyslexia and dyscalculia.
Design for Social Inclusion: Play•IT (2013)
Designed an educational experience that mediates social interactions between typical children and children with the developmental
Web Design & Implementation
Website concept, design, and branding. Site built “from scratch” using PHP, HTML, CSS and AJAX.
“It's often hard to stay organized in the midst of a busy household full of work and activities.
Busy people are always looking for ways to make the whole process of menu planning, grocery
shopping and organizing their pantries as quick and easy as possible. My Pantry is a tool to help
make this as painless as possible. It is a place to easily organize and store grocery lists in such a
manner that the task of weekly planning becomes nothing more than making a few quick updates
instead of reinventing the wheel each time. My Pantry remembers what you bought last week
and from which store so that you don’t have to.
Game Design and Implementation
Green Machine and A-PAC-Alypse (2013)
Web-based games created using Unity 3D as part
of a collaborative effort. Responsible for typography,
GUI design, and sound effects.
Game design concept document. This document describes the intended gameplay
experience. The concept describes the core pillars of the game in relation to the player.
Explains the player experience for the proposed design. Describes the game's features at
the developer level.
571-329-3444 firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/jengarnett/
League management application which enables members to track and view reports on attendance, participation, and eligibility of players.
League Assist (2014, In Development)