How to Capture Business Requirements
Remember to get your Business Process Design Templates here (MS Word with free Excel and Visio
In this week’s process modeling tutorial, I'm going to look at what do I need to capture in my
business process. Some of you have written in asking for more background on what you need to
capture in your process maps. Needless to say, it depends on the complexity of the project, but, at a
minimum, you're looking to capture the following.
[Learn more about these templates here]
• You need to capture some of the following when developing your processes:
• Time to perform each task
• Time an individual or a resource is available to perform a task
• Cost of the individual/resource
• Probability of occurrence of certain events
• Frequency at which new incidents in the business process are initiated
This is just a starter of what you need to cover. If you need to know more please drop me a line of
look under the Process Design section of the site.
About the Author: Ivan Walsh is a contributing editor to the Klariti Small Business Centre. Ivan
also shares Business Plan tips for SMEs on his business plan blog. Follow him on Twitter.
Page 1 of 1 www.klariti.com