GAUDETE STUDY CENTER, INC.
08 MAYO ST., POBLACION IV, TIAONG
TIAONG, QUEZON 4325
We, the students of Gaudete Study Center Inc., establish the
intellectual growth and integrity of the school. We shall publish
facts that will impart and foster the discipline of journalism in order
to provide on hand expresses and stepping stone for secondary
student a journalistic background. This shall be done to guide us to
be effective people towards God.
Rules Governing Student Publication
Official Name, Symbols of Publication, Function
Section 1. Official Name. The official student publication of the Gaudete Study Center, Inc. shall
be known as “the E. V. E.”
Section 2. Official Symbols. The following colours/shadings assembled to wit:
Must consecrate and respect by all genuine and former Gaudetian and school staff.
(1) The publication shall establish, maintain the use of name of symbols in and out of the
(2) Unauthorized student or person to use such insignia in any manner should give
permission to EIC or school administration.
Section 3. Basic Function. The purposes of the EVE are primary these:
(1) To impart, foster discipline of journalism, enrichment approach to equities, principles
and obligation of a free press in a community.
(2) To provide on hand expresses and stepping stone for secondary student a journalistic
Accountability of Officers and Staff
Section 4. the EVE shall have the following responsibilities:
(1) To serve as a training ground for students and pupils in responsible journalism and
leadership in thought and opinion;
(2) To ensure that the organization is not to be used to promote sectional interest;
(3) To guard any right of any person, group or institution. to publish the EVE their
position to adverse criticism that appear on the said output;
(4) To publish outputs based on verified facts, not hearsay, conjecture, fancy or provoked
(5) To publish at least one (1) issue in one academic year; and
(6) To abide by its students publication editorial policies.
Section 5. Before any officials enter or execute their task(s) they must shall take the following
I do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully, conscientiously and diligently fulfil my duties and
responsibilities as ____________ of the student publication, with utmost degree of honesty and
integrity for the aim of wilful academic approach, principles, information and country’s interest,
so help me God.
(1) Failure of any officers or students to take/comply the oath will have a label of “acting
– officers” which has no vast rights to participate unless school administration takes
charge of the said condition.
Publication Examination Committee or P.E.C.
Section 6. Selection of EIC and editorial staff shall be vested to P.E.C., school administration as
chairperson, and to 2/3 of faculty.
Section 7. Composition of the PEC.
Two (2) faculty members with respectable journalistic background. Or by recommendation of
the school administration.
Section 8. General guidelines for the PEC.
(1) The committee shall conduct and score the editorial examinations to determine
journalistic and leadership capabilities of each candidate.
(2) Committee shall be formed a month before the date of PEC duly organized by
(3) The editorial examinations shall be conducted 1 month before the end of school year.
(4) The committee shall act as a “grievance committee” and investigate any complaint
against offensive article published by the EVE. Results of investigation shall be
submitted to the principal and school administrator trough appropriate action.
Section 9. Criteria for judging. The PEC shall score the applicants based on the following fields:
(news, feature, lay – out, column etc.)
Editor – in – Chief/Editorial staff
Section 10. Qualifications for EIC. To eligible students must have the following qualifications:
(1) He must be a bona fide student of Gaudete Study Center Inc. with at least 2 year
continuous residency prior to current selection.
(2) He must have no grade below 85 in any subject taken in Gaudete Study Center, Inc.
for two (2) years or must be candidate for achiever or honour in prior to current
selection of PEC and must be of good moral character.
Section 11. Appointment of EIC. Even outside the jurisdiction of PEC, the school administration
and principal with ½ of faculty approval shall appoint EIC as long he satisfies the qualifications
under section 10.
Section 12. Replacement. If the EIC is physically incapacitated to continue his term, he shall
submit written resignation stating his reason(s) to the office. The PEC shall administer another
examination to select EIC as soon as possible after the position becomes vacant.
Section 13. Removal of EIC. Any bona fide Gaudetian may file a petition for the removal of the
EIC due the following grounds:
Wilful violation of rules
Neglect of duty
Gross misconduct. In and out the school premises
Falsification of documents
Principal and the PEC shall administer sanction and commensurate for such gravity.
Section 14. Editorial staff. To carry out editorial functions, the EIC shall appoint editorial staff
as may deemed by the PEC the EIC may adopt such methods of appointing positions necessary
to determine competency and suitability.
Section 15. The EVE has the following editorial board hierarchically listed below:
EDITOR – IN CHIEF
ADVISER/S & CONSULTANT
Advisers and Consultants
Section 16. the EVE shall here at least two (2) advisers with scholastic publication background.
Recommended advisers shall be confirmed by the school administration and has the following
roles and power:
(1) Advise the EIC and editorial board in matter of ethics, design of output, judgement,
writings, principle and techniques.
(2) May impose editorial position except for the appointment of EIC (as stated in Rule
IV, section 11) and rules of assemblies
(3) Must be present at editorial board proceedings
Section 17. Consultant. The editorial board shall have consent to the school administration
(through advisers) for confirmation on any technical aspect of the EVE’s editorial concerns.
Consultant should have respectable journalistic background.
Meetings and Assemblies
Section 18. All editorial meetings and assemblies should be in the presence of at least one
publication adviser. Any plans and resolution arrived at these meeting without an adviser will not
be recognized as valid.
(1) Meeting shall be held every Friday afternoon at the room of 4th year or must held at
least one meeting per month. Location and time of meeting in such case may modify
by advisers or EIC two days prior to the assembly.
(2) Meeting and assemblies must observe proper decorum at all times.
Section 19. The financial and business management of the EVE shall be vested to the school’s
administration and board of trustees.
Section 20. The funds collected by the EVE in any manner or form shall be under custody of
Standard process of requisition, disbursement, liquidation, and audit should be followed.
Section 21. Any amendment or revision to, this constitution may proposed by:
(1) PEC, upon a vote of 2/3 of all its members;
(2) Advisers and school administration for institutional prerogative concern.
Section 22. Amendments in any rule or revision under section 21 hereof shall be valid if and
only if having an attached written and any pertinent document, suffice for any concern must sign
and outweighed by the institution.
Section 23. These rules shall supersede all regulations governing the publication and be effective
one (1) week upon the approval of the school administration.
SIGNATORIES TO THE PUBLICATION’S POLICIES
ANNE LAURICE T. MERCADO
Secretary – General/Floor Leader
MA. ISABELLA M. AÑES
CARIE JUSTINE P. ESTRELLADO
VANESSA CLAUDINE A. ATIENZA
SHELLY KATE E. GENOVA
VAL JAYDON P. BERNAL
JAILYNNE P. MEJIA
VIEL MILKA FAITH P. BERNAL
NOREEN A. ORTEGA
IVY CHARIES C. BUSTOS
VANESSA A. ORTEGA
RAFAEL BENEDICK A. CLAVERIA
PAUL ARTEM M. RIGOS
DANNA MHAREL D. DIA
BIANCA L. ROBLES
SHIENNA C. DIME
KRISSA P. UMALI
NIKKO ANGELO A. ENRIQUEZ
MIKHAELLA R. VALENCIA
MA. NORENA A. ORTEGA