Here are the highlights from a presentation entitled Innovation: the road to Prosperity, I gave a few months ago.
1. Innovation is Everybody Responsibility.
2. Innovation is an Ongoing process
3. Think big, act small, fail fast and learn rapidly
4. Innovation success is primarily dependent on corporate culture
5. Successful innovation starts with clearly defined strategy.
6. Strategy must be clear, understandable, communicated frequently and consistently at all levels of the organization
7. Want Innovation? Hiring for skills, instead of attitude, changes everything
8. Innovation is a discipline that can (and should) be planned, measured, and managed. If left to chance, it won’t happen.
9. The future belongs to those who innovate, and do so collaboratively